• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

333 skis

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Too bad. I really like the idea. But at $333 for a custom built pair of skis, it may be no wonder there were quality issues. Most other custom ski builders all charge well over a thousand for a custom job. Granted, their infrastructure is substantially more modern than 333 but I think that price may be a little too low... thus the fact that they received more orders than they could handle. Had they called the company 444 skis or 555 skis, the QC problems might not be an issue, they might not have had to burn as many potential customers, and would not be suffering through some bad press.

That said, it seems like the company is genuinely trying to do things right and are willing to burn bridges and piss off potential customers in order to get a clean start. Obviously, they do not have a marketing division because it was handled rather crudely to say the least :lol: But I would not discount them completely due to this break down in their first year. Though as a business looking to grow, they are going to have some bad press to overcome if they ever want to make another go at large scale production.

snoseek

Starting with no money, working out of a trailer, hundreds of orders is gonna take some time to evolve into. If they can hang in there and dial it in I think over time there is a chance. I still have hope in this guy. Fuck TGR, on this topic anyway- there is a wealth of info and ripping skiers. They are not the be all, end all.