My new bike, ready to hit the trails...!! - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You missed my sarcasm. And many more of you are missing Highway Gnar's failed attempt at humor.

the responses are making me cringe.......

So, I borrowed a GPS, and clocked myself on a hill near my house. 58 mph max speed. It felt fast, but do you think that's realistic?
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    So, I borrowed a GPS, and clocked myself on a hill near my house. 58 mph max speed. It felt fast, but do you think that's realistic?
    No way. I'm maxing out my road bike on some big down hills around 40 mph.....58 on a mountain bike like yours, not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBEast View Post
    No way. I'm maxing out my road bike on some big down hills around 40 mph.....58 on a mountain bike like yours, not a chance.
    Newsflash everybody. HS doesn't have that POS bike, didn't borrow a GPS, and didn't ride any mountain bike 58 MPH. Can we stop feeding into his idiocy now?
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBEast View Post
    40 mph? On a road bike? That seems kind of slow. Can't they go like 35mph on flat ground?
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Newsflash everybody. HS doesn't have that POS bike, didn't borrow a GPS, and didn't ride any mountain bike 58 MPH. Can we stop feeding into his idiocy now?
    Hey, don't call my bike a POS! It's a perfectly acceptable entry-level bike.

Not everybody needs a hi-end bike....I can compensate with my athletic ablity.

actually, this thread is quite humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    actually, this thread is quite humorous.
    Anyone have a "feeding the fire" emoticon?

It is entertaining though!

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Holla S! You must be training real hard to achieve speed like that.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Thread Information