• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rainy weekends and yard work.

RISkier

Rain was "supposed" to stay away till later this afternoon. Had exciting plans to get a bunch of yard work done since last weekend was a complete washout and the yard looks like expletive deleted. Made a pot of coffee and the rain came before I had my first cup. It's not that I really wanted to spend my Saturday doing yard work, but I've got zero time during the week. These rainy weekends are starting to get to me. Sigh.

noski

rain rain go away

I faced the same problem, so I left work at 2 Friday and worked outside until dark. Got the lawn mowed and bagged for compost, flower boxes cleaned out and shrubs wrapped. I saved the garage for a rainy day. We had a hard frost last night and the one tree that still (stupidly) had leaves, decided to drop a crapload onto my lawn. sigh. More to come before they are all down, then maybe maybe I will get one more chance to mow/bag/compost.

Vortex

I finished closing the pool in a little rain on Sat. Just have to wait for the rest of the leaves to come down and I'm done. I'll start the snow blower next weekend and put the lawn mower away.

kickstand

found some time to mow the few good patches of grass I have and put down some Step 4 seed of the 4 Step Process. Cleaned the garage in prep of the overnight parking ban. Started getting the plexiglass ready for the 3-season porch. First time installing it, so I didn't know what to expect. Still need to rake and clean the few gutters I have. I'm hoping for at least one good day at the end of November for this.

holy crap, I'm starting to sound like an adult.......

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Bob R said:
I finished closing the pool in a little rain on Sat. Just have to wait for the rest of the leaves to come down and I'm done. I'll start the snow blower next weekend and put the lawn mower away.

I helped my father re-drain 15" from our pool this weekend after the rain we had.

That was quite wierd to see it fill up so quick.

skijay

I fertilized (winter stuff) my lawn before the first round of heavy rains I think it was Wednesday the 5th. I mowed on the 16th, as it did dry up. I need to mow again.

I will have to start to rake soon. Most of the leaves I rake up are from neighbor's trees.

I try to plan my raking when the wind is blowing westerly to return the leaves to my neighbors.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Re: rain rain go away

noski said:
I faced the same problem, so I left work at 2 Friday and worked outside until dark. Got the lawn mowed and bagged for compost, flower boxes cleaned out and shrubs wrapped. I saved the garage for a rainy day. We had a hard frost last night and the one tree that still (stupidly) had leaves, decided to drop a crapload onto my lawn. sigh. More to come before they are all down, then maybe maybe I will get one more chance to mow/bag/compost.
Sounds a lot like my Friday afternoon. The lawn was so long and thick, I had to stop every pass to empty the bag. Took me twice as long. Then I pikced up all of the toys the little one still had out, and finally gave the dog a bath. Glad I got it done though.
Smitty