• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 10/25 - 10/26 Storm Discussion Thread

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Greg said:
Snowing in Central PA:

bgm.gif

Maybe Denton will open this weekend... ;)

Seriously, anyone in the area care to provide a report?

The blue in that image is good to see, but there's still way too much green!!!! :angry:
Is that more blue I see on that there map? :beer:

Lostone

And for those not looking in on the Sugarbush thread...

This was at the ~ elevation at the base of Sugarbush, at 1:00, this afternoon:
56018322_840cc77295.jpg

I really can't see the mountain... cause it is snowing too hard. :D

SkiDog

lets just all please cross our fingers that the weather stays cold for the near future..lets keep this GREAT natural base we're building..

M

Zand

35 here, but a straight rain still. I'm hoping the magic happens in the next hour or so.

Joshua

Sunday river is reporting 4-8 inches

Mount Snow has some good pics up

definately think when all is said and done all resorts will see at least a foot and......it looks to stay chilly enough for some snow making

dmc

For Hunter

This Afternoon...Snow. Breezy with highs in the upper 30s. Temperature falling into the lower 30s by late afternoon. North winds around 25 mph.

Tonight...Snow. Colder with lows in the mid 20s. North winds 15 to 20 mph.

Wednesday...Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow in the morning. Total accumulation 7 to 15 inches above 1500 feet. Windy with highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent

Greg

Staff member
Joshua said:
it looks to stay chilly enough for some snow making
They better. Opening day is Thursday, remember...? ;)

RuffusCorncobb

Snow at Sudnay river

Just makes it worse to be stuck at the office and see these pictures but Im like an addict and cant help myself.
image_11835_b.jpg

Joshua

I think it has been made clear that was my opinion

I still dont see why with over a foot of freshies and the ability to blow some fake stuff they couldnt open thursday, or at least for the weekend

Greg

Staff member
Joshua said:

I still dont see why with over a foot of freshies and the ability to blow some fake stuff they couldnt open thursday, or at least for the weekend
Because when a foot of natural is groomed, it's far from a foot...more like a couple of inches. Even if they got 2', onced groomed it will be like an 8" base. That's not quite the "quality product" they hope to offer on opening day.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Joshua said:

He's just teasing you a little.

As for whether or not they can open, there's a "could" and there's a "will." I'm guessing they wouldn't even with three feet of new snow just based on the difficulty of scraping together a crew and throwing the lifts open when the truth is that only the die-hards would come up this early.

Joshua

why groom it? If the terrain if for advanced only, whats the point? leave the bumps and let us ski!!!

Greg

Staff member
Joshua said:
why groom it? If the terrain if for advanced only, whats the point? leave the bumps and let us ski!!!
Because there are thousands of gapers out there with A41s who'll kill themselves. If you want to make some turns this week/weekend, earn 'em.

Greg

Staff member
KingM said:
I'm guessing they wouldn't even with three feet of new snow just based on the difficulty of scraping together a crew and throwing the lifts open when the truth is that only the die-hards would come up this early.
Exactly.

skibum1321

Joshua said:
There's not a chance in hell they would leave it ungroomed. Not all advanced skiers like bumps either.

Who cares if they don't open - go hike for your turns. Even when KMart opens I'd rather hike for my turns at this point of the season.