• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 10/23 Storm Discussion Thread

Zand

Clever!

Kmart is open Thursday after a huge winter storm tues-wed

I don't know. Even if they had 20" on the ground, it may not be enough for them top to bottom. I'd imagine they'd pick up quite a few hikers.

i have skins attached to the skis and ready to go. it's either kmart, mrg, or bolton right now. no first hand report from stowe yet...

Still hanging on to that promise? October 23rd is a great date. It should be a holiday. "Average first snowfall day." Hey, that's what it's been 3 of the last 4 years.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i am doubting kmart will be open until first full week of november regardless of how much snow falls between now and then.

6-8 up top sounds nice but down low is important too. i can't skin up grass :lol:

Joshua

when are you guys gonna start doubting me

check out Kmarts website

photoofday.aspx

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i have pics from another site on bolton with good snow. it's 45 minutes closer than kmart. closer than mrg too and no first hand pics from mrg though their cam looks okay. bolton's high base elevation at the upper lodge solidifies the deal. post back tonight with a TR and a S*** eatting grin. :D

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
i have pics from another site on bolton with good snow. it's 45 minutes closer than kmart. closer than mrg too and no first hand pics from mrg though their cam looks okay. bolton's high base elevation at the upper lodge solidifies the deal. post back tonight with a TR and a S*** eatting grin. :D

We'll be anxiously awaiting your report! Have fun! :D

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like damp, wet snow that would make a good base. Judging by the amount of snow on the ground underneath the Superstar Quad, it is not quite a foot or so...ground is still warm.

Tyrolean_skier

Here is the report from BigChief at K:

"Hiked up for some wonderful turns this am.....hiked all the way up the northside work road to the peak..took me little over an hour....came down dipper, and it was beautiful...well worth the hike...snow was very heavy but i brought my fat boys and floated right on top....sorry no pics the camera was not operating as i would have liked it to"

mountaindude

Killington Base lodge 6 inches

Hey folks. Just visited Killington. There was about 6 inches of heavy mank at the K1 Base lodge. We saw a couple of guys on tele equipment and wished I had brought mine.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
riverc0il said:
apparently, not only did i call october 23rd, but i also swore i'd be making turns today....

http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?t=5516&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

hmmmmmmmmmm...............
http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?t=5516&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I said the 23 as well.

Also, I drove up Route 7 and across 9 this morning. There was snow in Pownal, VT. and most of the way past there right up to Hogback. I did get 2 random pictures of snow on the road and sides of the road. If I get the camera back from my niece tonight I will post them. Somehow the camera ended up in her bag and in her house.

WWF-VT

Woke up this AM in Waitsfield, VT with about 2 inches of wet snow on the ground. Drove up to Sugarbush - interesting mix of white trails and leaves still on the trees.