• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 10/23 Storm Discussion Thread

Zand

From what I've been hearing, the snow level is currently around 4,000 feet. If it was down to 1,000, you'd all hear it from me by now. :wink:

Joshua

are you in VT?

1000 feet in MA and 1000 feet in VT are quite different, especially with the dynamics of this storm

Zand

True, but it's currently colder at my house than in Rutland, VT, which is around the same elevation.

noski

MRV snow

3" and snowing at 1800'. Dirt roads now covered up here. So Strat, I guess I was closest on the 2" measurable snow, huh?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i would just like to say, that if you check the snow prediction thread from last month, i called october 23rd as first measurable snow event!!!!

:beer:

okay, i am discounting the event on washington... but still.... ;)

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
Wow, nice call... I was contemplating taking out my old snowboard for some backyard action but there just isn't enough snow to get an edge in, and I don't want to soak my brand new boots just yet...

ALLSKIING

Staff member
KingM said:
It's snowing in the Mad River Valley. There is about an inch on the ground here on the valley floor and more falling. It was heavy rain during the night and is still a pretty wet snow. But as my father used to say, beggars can't be choosers.
Nice to see you back KingM. winter must be on its way.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
any updates from the mad river valley? i have skins attached to the skis and ready to go. it's either kmart, mrg, or bolton right now. no first hand report from stowe yet...

Treeliner

riverc0il said:
any updates from the mad river valley? i have skins attached to the skis and ready to go. it's either kmart, mrg, or bolton right now. no first hand report from stowe yet...

Way to go riverc0il! Get some for those of us who are less, um, "locationally" privaleged.. :)

Joshua

i have a friend right outside of killington that says all the peaks are white and that he heard there was 6-8 inches at the top

anyone else hearing this?

My bet.... Kmart is open Thursday after a huge winter storm tues-wed on the backside of Wilpha (combination of Wilma/Alpha)