• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weather?

Do we need a weather forum?

• Yes, I need a forum dedicated to posting garbage crappu-weather and snowforcast.com forcasts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I dont think it will see enough use

• Undecided

• Total voters

awf170

Do we need a weather forum for all the armchair meteorologists around here?
I think so, half the threads in the skiing forum are about weather. It would be so sweet though if we had any one who had a clue about weather... we need to recuit ourselves a meteorologist.

(And yes I know this is supposed to be site feedback, but I think alot of people only visit the skiing forum so they might miss it)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
imo, splintering forums is never a good idea unless a topic is starting to dominate a forum, i'd say at least 25% of posts or so. likely, the false alarm storm threads will die down once winter has arrived. last year, greg started up dedicated to threads (when actually warrented...) for storm posts so all weather related topics were within one post for each storm. this worked out well, and am looking forward to continuing that style this winter if greg is on board for it.

highpeaksdrifter

awf170 said:
I think so, half the threads in the skiing forum are about weather. It would be so sweet though if we had any one who had a clue about weather... we need to recuit ourselves a meteorologist.

You’re too young to be so cynical.

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
imo, splintering forums is never a good idea unless a topic is starting to dominate a forum, i'd say at least 25% of posts or so. likely, the false alarm storm threads will die down once winter has arrived. last year, greg started up dedicated to threads (when actually warrented...) for storm posts so all weather related topics were within one post for each storm. this worked out well, and am looking forward to continuing that style this winter if greg is on board for it.

I agree with riv, these posts will die down when winter actually arrives. I'm sure we'll have the same Offical storm tracking threads like we did last year.

awf170

highpeaksdrifter said:
awf170 said:

You’re too young to be so cynical.

I was just kiddin around with that part, I actually think it is pretty interesting reading all of the weather stuff. I understand why people wouldnt want it though, I still think it would see atleast or more use than the gear forum. But anyway I say we just wait for another month or two and if the weather threads continue then we make a dedicated forum.