• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lewis Morris 5/6/09

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Just a quick little TR for today. I was really concerned about how wet the trails were going to be, but decided to take the ride over anyway. I took DrJeff's advice and didn't wear my speedo's :eek:

Had a really great ride at Lewis Morris today. I wasn't the only person who was taking advantage of the short break of rainless weather. Saw about 8 other riders, which is twice the number from last Saturday.

Trails were mostly moist with a few slick spots. I almost got bit by a snowsnake once or twice. This was a very successful ride for me, for the first time this season, (3rd ride) I was able to ride the whole yellow loop with out doing any bike-n-hike. Had a great adrenaline rush when I was done. I felt good the whole ride home.

Lots of wildlife out today. Saw two white tail deer, frogs, some small furry things. I had a Les Stroud (Survivorman) moment while sitting on one of the benches and taking a break. I threw an apple in my pack before I left, but when I was digging for it, I found 1 Apple Pie Cliff Shot & 1 Polly-o string cheese left in there from ski season. Wow that was a nice find.

I didn't feel like taking 287 to 24 on the way home, so I told my GPS to take the shortest route home. Love my Garmin, as she took me right past Bottle King (the only consistent source of my Long Trail Blackbeary Wheat).
beer.gif

This is pretty much the wettest part of the yellow loop
05-06-2009MTB002.jpg

Pretty dry here
05-06-2009MTB004.jpg

Moist
05-06-2009MTB006.jpg

05-06-2009MTB007.jpg

05-06-2009MTB008.jpg