• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Month / Bike Day

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Um... I biked in today, and will tomorrow and Thursday. But I have a bachelor party to go to Thurs. night so I'll be happy just to make it in to work. I'm not riding in hungover. That would be a recipe for disaster. Plus I wouldn't have time to make it to the rehersal dinner after work Friday.

So, no, I'm not in but I'm making up for it.

mlctvt

Ride to work day, Friday

So who's riding their bikes to work on Friday 5/15? it's the annual "ride your bike to work day"

I have never done it so I'll try it this year. If it doesn't rain that is.

BigJay

I bike to work every day... summer... rain... winter snow... sleet... whatever! It's always better then being stuck in the subway!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I wanted to...but worked from home that day because I was feeling too lazy to drive or bike the 4 miles to the office.

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
I did . . . I did the short route in (12.3 miles) and the long, more scenic, route home (14.9 miles). It was great, and I plan on doing it more and more when I get the chance. I've been in the field for the past 2 weeks, though, so I haven't got the chance again.

Also, I think I might need some fatter tires if I want to make this more than a "now and then" type thing (which I kind of do). I plan on saving up to buy a super sick road bike, then converting my current bike into a commuter with fatter tires (28's probably), lights, fenders, and maybe a rack. For now, though, I'm cool doing a commute every once in a while.