• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Just found out our next door neighbor passed last night :(

deadheadskier

Staff member
Paula was an interesting woman, clearly had some mental struggles and on state of assistance, but she was an extremely kind woman. She lived in the condo right across the hall and her brother lives on the floor below us. He also is out of work and I'm assuming on state assistance as well. He found her this morning. :(

I was just helping them last Sunday move some furniture. So sad :(

Greg

Staff member
Bummer. 2009 has not been a great year for us as well. I lost two uncles, and knew three other very young people that died, including a 2 year old! :(

Live each day to its fullest and don't take things for granted.

Warp Daddy

My deepest sympathy to both you fine young guys > It is extremely difficult to understand and deal with death on many levels . Especially when it is a loved one or a person of quality with whom you have any form of relationship .

Good friends are like jewels in the crowns of our better nature -- even tho they may no longer be there they continue to shine in our lives by imprinting their GOODNESS upon us ,

Again -- i'm touched by your concern - yoo BOTH are GOOD GUYS !

Warp

JimG.

Staff member
My childhood friend and longtime fishing buddy Kevin is very ill with pancreatic cancer.

We're hoping to fish together one last time soon, but his physical state is not good and he might not be able to.

His 16 year old daughter organized a surprise birthday party for him last weekend...he didn't seem to have a good time and Abigail thought it was because of her...but it was because he was having a hard time keeping from getting sick because of the chemo. I told him to make sure she knew that and he marshalled all his strength to join the party.

Which everyone appreciated.

Just kind of rambling here because this bothers me and here was a convenient thread to post in. Carry on.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Very sorry to hear about your friend Jim. I hope you have the opportunity to fish with him again.

That's rough..due to the nature of the business I'm in, I deal with the grieving process alot. Nothing sadder than someone with no friends or family members coming in and buying their own tombstone ahead of time..

highpeaksdrifter

I had a friend drop dead from a heart attack in April who was the picture of health, at the age of 53.

Five days later one of my oldest and best friends lost his 3 year battle to cancer, he was 55.

Times like these make you want to hold those you love a little closer. Our time here is really very short.

I had a friend drop dead from a heart attack in April who was the picture of health, at the age of 53.

Five days later one of my oldest and best friends lost his 3 year battle to cancer, he was 55.

Times like these make you want to hold those you love a little closer. Our time here is really very short.

hell yeah you have to enjoy everyday and not work to much..:daffy:

dmc

I just found out my neighbor is a total asswipe...

I just found out my neighbor is a total asswipe...

that's why I don't like to get to know my neighbors...one day they're be asking for a cup of sugar...then they want you to dogsit..then they want a loan..no thanks..

deadheadskier

Staff member
that's why I don't like to get to know my neighbors...one day they're be asking for a cup of sugar...then they want you to dogsit..then they want a loan..no thanks..

typically I feel the same way, and this particular neighbor as mentioned had some pretty severe mental issues, was a total christian whacko and it was often very uncomfortable talking to her. But she was quite nice and needed help moving stuff from time to time.

Never know, could be me someday that needs help from my neighbors.

wa-loaf

Maybe it's personal experience or just getting older, but it seems like the number of people I know (or know of) dieing is accelerating.

Good vibes to everyone who has lost someone.

Warp Daddy

yep Time is precious , make the most of it .

Collect friends not stuff . They are what truly enrich us all.

This is really a VERY short trip that seems to accellerate as we age .

deadheadskier

Staff member

Larry doesn't have a license, wants me to give him a ride to the store a bit later. Maybe I should consider your approach :lol:

j/k - nice guy going through a tough time, I'd rather be charitable to a neighbor in need than drop a dollar in a collection bucket outside of Walmart.

JimG.

Staff member
Very sorry to hear about your friend Jim. I hope you have the opportunity to fish with him again.

It probably sounds a little selfish and silly.

But when you have memories of someone they never really die.

I don't even want to fish if we get the chance...I want to row him around and let him fish.