• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

On the brain....

Greg

Staff member
MTB is once again on the brain, almost always, just like skiing usually is in the winter. When's the next ride? Where? Who's going to also be riding? Etc. etc.

The mighty Sundown has been closed almost two months. I hardly noticed. ;)

MR. evil

MTB is once again on the brain, almost always, just like skiing usually is in the winter. When's the next ride? Where? Who's going to also be riding? Etc. etc.

The mighty Sundown has been closed almost two months. I hardly noticed. ;)

Same here. I also find myself wondering when will be the next time I am on a certain trail so I can attemp some feature or climb that I have not made yet.

deadheadskier

Staff member
whatever, mountain biking is lame

I'm really not thinking in the slightest about buying a bike again, I gave it up in high school for a reason; it's lame. I mean you sundown braggers; I can kind of see some fun being had in the bumps during winter where you all post on and on about it, but all the crap you post about RAW this and RBW that is a bunch of bs.

I'll never buy a MTB, honestly. Not thinking about slaying some single track in the woods in the least. Zero appeal, total gaper sport

:???:

Grassi21

whatever, mountain biking is lame

I'm really not thinking in the slightest about buying a bike again, I gave it up in high school for a reason; it's lame. I mean you sundown braggers; I can kind of see some fun being had in the bumps during winter where you all post on and on about it, but all the crap you post about RAW this and RBW that is a bunch of bs.

I'll never buy a MTB, honestly. Not thinking about slaying some single track in the woods in the least. Zero appeal, total gaper sport

:???:

wow... all this from a dude that i thought was far from a hater. you need to get yourself to a show or something to mellow out.

bvibert

Staff member
Yup, always on the brain. Can't wait to get back on the trail again. :D I do the same thing as Tim, wonder when I'm going to get back to a particular obstacle, so that I can hopefully clear it.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Even while I'm actively out MTBing, I have skiing on the brain.

Just yesterday, while climbing killer hill #2, I was really tempted to bike-n-hike. Instead, I told my self that toughing out the climb will help make me a better skier come November.

Greg

Staff member
wow... all this from a dude that i thought was far from a hater. you need to get yourself to a show or something to mellow out.

What are you all bent out of shape about? You don't even ride anymore.......except to Friendly's... :roll:

:razz:

Grassi21

What are you all bent out of shape about? You don't even ride anymore.......except to Friendly's... :roll:

:razz:

I rode the SS before practice for a bit on Friday. Might get out at lunch today too. Feeling a little groggy this AM.. :-(

Gremf

Website
ctmtblog.blogspot.com
Not only am I thinking about the next ride, I am also thinking about what bike to ride, geared of SS, and in the SS category, 29er or 26er. Right now, my major concern is when am I going to get my geared bike back into the mix since I just discovered I have a broken cassette body. Unfortunately it's not a standard Shimano deal so I have try to contact the manufacturer and see if I can get a replacement.

bvibert

Staff member
Thinking about the next ride is the only thing that gets me through the work day sometimes...

(thinking about my family gets me through the day too, but I don't want to inflate their ego too much..) ;)

Greg

Staff member
Not one bit of skiing jones this spring.

bvibert

Staff member
Not one bit of skiing jones this spring.

Same here, it probably helped that I had a pretty definitive end to the season, instead of some years when I ski my last day without knowing it at the time. Plus, it was a great season, I don't feel like I missed out on too much.

I've completely embraced the warmer weather and longer days this year. Pretty liberating really, to not be stuck in that funk through the spring.

Greg

Staff member
I just rode this morning and I already can't wait to get out again. This is getting ridiculous. :-?

;)

Grassi21

Tweaked m groin at lacrosse today. <insert joke here> Hope it doesn't effect my MTB.

bvibert

Staff member
I just rode this morning and I already can't wait to get out again. This is getting ridiculous. :-?

;)

Nothing wrong with that!

Tweaked m groin at lacrosse today. <insert joke here> Hope it doesn't effect my MTB.

This lax crap is getting too lame to even joke about anymore... :roll:

Seriously, I thought you said lax was done for the season??

Grassi21

Nothing wrong with that!

This lax crap is getting too lame to even joke about anymore... :roll:

Seriously, I thought you said lax was done for the season??

Coaching for HS was over last week. That was the killer 5 or 6 days a week. Yesterday marked the end of the season for the club team I play for.

My groin feels much better today thanks for asking....

bigbog

Try WW boating......all consuming.
..That's it JD...and more or less the same with Greg(only with the canoe), ANY open water...moving or any pond...and I'm off with the canoe/oc-1... It's why BobR and I have never seen each other around time of Reggaefest(@Loaf). Temps are always warming and water is flowing... If the snowdepth isn't Rocky Mtn deep...the paddling-addicted part of the brain that enjoys the first warm days of Spring just flips on....