The carnage thread - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    The cage is bent so it is angled toward the spokes

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    The cage is bent so it is angled toward the spokes
    If the cage is metal you should be able to take it apart and bent it back. I also think you can buy cage rebuild kits for the upper end SRAM stuff. If not, go to your bike shop and ask if you can cannibalize some of the busted deraillueres they have in their parts bin. My shop has a milk crate full of busted Der's they hold onto for parts, bet yours does to.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    If the cage is metal you should be able to take it apart and bent it back. I also think you can buy cage rebuild kits for the upper end SRAM stuff. If not, go to your bike shop and ask if you can cannibalize some of the busted deraillueres they have in their parts bin. My shop has a milk crate full of busted Der's they hold onto for parts, bet yours does to.
    Yeah...I am gonna ride a friends bike tomorrow and wait til the LBS opens Tuesday to have them take a look at it. Since the bike is a loaner from the shop down the road, I am hoping they will be able to strip it and bend everything back together.

It's hard to tell from the pic, but the cage doesn't look bad. I think if you replace the hanger you'll be in good shape.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    It's hard to tell from the pic, but the cage doesn't look bad. I think if you replace the hanger you'll be in good shape.
    Got the bike back Thursday. The downside is that the hanger was a custom thing that they put on the steel frame and they don't have any more. The upside was, they could bend it back without much effort and the cage was only slightly bent. The did all the work and didn't charge me. Nice of them!!! Bike is riding great now.

Just got back from the LBS, I dropped my bike off last Friday after a decent tumble I took, knowing that I was both overdue for a routine tune up and that I had some issues with my rear derailleur (a "quick" shift up through the gears was taking about a minute ) turns out I crashed pretty well last week!

Bike still at my LBS - carnage total so far - new cable to the rear derailleur - the old one was kinked in 3 places and almosted severed in another spot Bent drive side crank arm and a just about shot front drive bearing. New front drive/cranks from Shimano on order, and a couple of more days of rest for my bruised self is appreciated!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonzola View Post
    cracked chainstay on my 2nd run at blue mt pa this morning

rented a big bike. ton of fun before smacking up my elbow pretty good.
    just want to shout out some props to jamis and my lbs (fitness central schnecksville pa) for getting me back on the trail in 3 days!
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

as i'm getting ready to load the bike for an early morning jaunt to swatara state park i squeeze the brake lever and the line pops! right out of the lever spraying hydro fluid. really wanted to ride so i load up the trusty gt and roll it old's kool

haven't ridden it much this year except for a little commuting early in the season. took a little while to get comfy on the trail with the steep head angle, no brake modulation and feeling every little root. the park was nice 10 mi loop of smooth flowy buff singletrack so if you gotta roll the hardtail its the place to be, not making me want to switch back though. blackbeary wheat does make a great early morning post ride breakfast beer!
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

got cast off oct 15. twisted it up again yesterday. hurts like an s.o.b. BUT it's not broken. back on crutches and vicodin. think i might hang it up for the season. road bikin', here i come.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig2002 View Post
    got cast off oct 15. twisted it up again yesterday. hurts like an s.o.b. BUT it's not broken. back on crutches and vicodin. think i might hang it up for the season. road bikin', here i come.
    How did you do it this time? You alright? Hallowell again?

Thread Information