The carnage thread - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    No pics but just had to get my rear cassette and chain replaced. Apparently the middle rings (where I do most of my riding) were getting worn to the point the chain was skipping ever other turn in that gear. Total pain.

The upside is now it rides like new.
    i'm in the shop too with the annual drive train repair/replacement. also found a small hairline crack on the chainstay web. looks like a non-critical reinforcement area so gonna ride her til she blows or until vacation in late july

"that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

Snapped dérailleur hanger #3 this season roughly 3.5 miles into tonights ride. Had a spare with me but the one that snapped was wedged on so tight I couldn't get it off. Instead of fighting it I simply swallowed my pride, took the chain off, strapped the dérailleur out of harms way and coasted the best I could back to the car.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Snapped dérailleur hanger #3 this season roughly 3.5 miles into tonights ride. Had a spare with me but the one that snapped was wedged on so tight I couldn't get it off. Instead of fighting it I simply swallowed my pride, took the chain off, strapped the dérailleur out of harms way and coasted the best I could back to the car.
    Wow, you're having some really bad luck with hangers this year! I'm not even sure where my spare one is anymore....
    Brian

been there - that sucks. my 07 jamis xam has a serious hanger design flaw, i went through 4 one season, then switched to a beefier cnc'd after market hanger and have been good to go or over a year (prolly jinxed now)

if your using the bike manufacturers hangers try derailleurhangers.com or vice versa...
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

Can't beleive I'm back posting another casualty so quickly but roughly 1.5 miles into to todays ride I some how managed to break my rear shifter assembly off the handlebars. After a minute or so of WTF I ended up finishing the 8+ mile ride basically with one gear. None the less after a quick post ride trip down to Bikers Edge for a new Shifter assembly I'm back in business and ready to roll tomorrow am.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Can't beleive I'm back posting another casualty so quickly but roughly 1.5 miles into to todays ride I some how managed to break my rear shifter assembly off the handlebars. After a minute or so of WTF I ended up finishing the 8+ mile ride basically with one gear. None the less after a quick post ride trip down to Bikers Edge for a new Shifter assembly I'm back in business and ready to roll tomorrow am.
    Dude, how the hell did you manage that one???

Glad you were able to get it resolved so quickly!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Dude, how the hell did you manage that one???

Glad you were able to get it resolved so quickly!
    I'm surprised I haven't broke mine yet, especially on the hills hoping I have another granny gear left to shift into only to find I am already in it!
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

New wheel and fork on the way. I'll take pics when I get the parts back, but this should explain what happened pretty nicely (from the TR: )
    2009-2010:
    Killington: 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/6, 12/10, 12/12, 12/13, 12/22, 12/23, 1/1, 1/2, 1/9, 1/10, 1/23, 1/24 (15)

Ski Sundown: 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/24, 12/30, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/11 - 1/22, 1/26-1/30 (27)
    EH XC: 12/21 (1)
    WNY XC/NELSAP BC: 12/29 (1)

Total: 44

Front fork, ended up being sent back to Fox, hopefully will see it in a few weeks.

Until then I'll be keeping it real on this again!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Bummer, I'll rent you back the Cannondale ...
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Thread Information