The carnage thread - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Front fork, ended up being sent back to Fox, hopefully will see it in a few weeks.

Until then I'll be keeping it real on this again!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Looks familiar...

Brian

Sorry to hear that, Jeff! Hope it's fixed quickly for you!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Going to try out the Spez today on the trails of Case, plan on doing some loops close to the lot in case it needs to be walked back! Also will need to pick up some rim brake shoes if it's going to be my main ride for a few weeks.

This should be interesting/fun!
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Going to try out the Spez today on the trails of Case, plan on doing some loops close to the lot in case it needs to be walked back! Also will need to pick up some rim brake shoes if it's going to be my main ride for a few weeks.

This should be interesting/fun!
    You'll do fine, enjoy!
    Brian

Now that I just talked to the shop and know what the problem is. I brought the bike in since I was getting a lot of creaking in the head tube area, we figured remove and check the bearing. They did that and reassembled and still creaked, Giant said replace bearings, tried that and still creaked. Shop decided it was probably not the bearings at this point and swapped the fork with another bike on the floor, creaking stopped. Talked to Fox and they think on of the stanchions either loosen up or wasn't pressed properly and to send it back for them to look at. Sounds like they will replace the crown and stanchions.

The good of this is I get a free rebuild, bad is that I'm out the bike for probably 3 weeks!
    2009/2010 - 28

2008/09 - 33

Now that I just talked to the shop and know what the problem is. I brought the bike in since I was getting a lot of creaking in the head tube area, we figured remove and check the bearing. They did that and reassembled and still creaked, Giant said replace bearings, tried that and still creaked. Shop decided it was probably not the bearings at this point and swapped the fork with another bike on the floor, creaking stopped. Talked to Fox and they think on of the stanchions either loosen up or wasn't pressed properly and to send it back for them to look at. Sounds like they will replace the crown and stanchions.

The good of this is I get a free rebuild, bad is that I'm out the bike for probably 3 weeks!
    At least they're taking care of you. Riding the HT will give you character, so not all is lost.
    Brian

Went OTB at stone road the other day...Hope My tat isnt all FD up after the wounds heal

Steveo

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    Went OTB at stone road the other day...Hope My tat isnt all FD up after the wounds heal

Steveo
    Yikes. I had a few small scratches on a tat that healed fine. Hope you have similar results.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Add two busted spokes to my list. Not a super big deal, but I'm pretty disappointed since the wheels only have around 300 miles on them. I've been checking the tension regularly and it's seemed to stay pretty even since I retensioned before even using them. I guess I either didn't do a good of a job as I thought, they're shitty wheels, or I'm just really hard on rear wheels.

Luckily I have a backup wheel set, so I can roll that until I get to the bike shop to pick up some more spokes...
    Brian

Front fork, ended up being sent back to Fox, hopefully will see it in a few weeks.]
    Forks in and should be able to pick it up today!
    2009/2010 - 28

2008/09 - 33

Thread Information