• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The carnage thread

bvibert

Staff member
Was thinking of trying to get to Trumbull tomorrow morning (9am), but I think I'm going to let my neck/head rest another day. Woodcore will be there though, if you want to check out Trumbull. I'll probably try to do something Sunday morning instead. It'll have to be somewhat local since I'll need to be home by noonish to get ready to go to a picnic. Also thinking of trying to sneak one in on Monday, I don't currently have any other plans for that day.

Grassi21

Was thinking of trying to get to Trumbull tomorrow morning (9am), but I think I'm going to let my neck/head rest another day. Woodcore will be there though, if you want to check out Trumbull. I'll probably try to do something Sunday morning instead. It'll have to be somewhat local since I'll need to be home by noonish to get ready to go to a picnic. Also thinking of trying to sneak one in on Monday, I don't currently have any other plans for that day.

Post up a thread if you are doing something on Monday. I think I still remember how to pedal......

Grassi21

I thought you traded your bike in for a lax helmet and a bag of wood chips for the smoker?

:lol: i would ride tomorrow but i will be at Hoftra all day coaching a summer lax travel team.... :sadwalk:

BackLoafRiver

I figured I would post this up here at it seems appropriate...

Been in the hospital for 4 days with cellulitis. Now, how does this relate to biking?

It appears the source of said infection is from a wound I got while riding FOMBA 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, it has only flared up this week.

The upside, I was able to ride a lot between then and now.

The downside, well....being in the hospital for 4 days with no real end in sight. I miss biking. It's making me crazy. And the weather the past 4 days has been absolutely spectacular.

At least I have my laptop and I can finally check up on the forums. (the two nass videos from yesterday and Riveroil's Tucks review have helped a ton)

bvibert

Staff member
Wow, that really sucks! I hope you get better soon. Glad you're able to surf while you're there at least.

bvibert

Staff member
I figured I would post this up here at it seems appropriate...

Been in the hospital for 4 days with cellulitis. Now, how does this relate to biking?

It appears the source of said infection is from a wound I got while riding FOMBA 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, it has only flared up this week.

The upside, I was able to ride a lot between then and now.

The downside, well....being in the hospital for 4 days with no real end in sight. I miss biking. It's making me crazy. And the weather the past 4 days has been absolutely spectacular.

At least I have my laptop and I can finally check up on the forums. (the two nass videos from yesterday and Riveroil's Tucks review have helped a ton)

Are you feeling any better? I hope you're out of the hospital by now at least???

BackLoafRiver

Are you feeling any better? I hope you're out of the hospital by now at least???

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, good news and bad news come together.

The good news: I am out of the hospital. I got out last Thursday and I have all my body parts intact. (which, surprisingly was a concern going in)

The bad news: I am unable to ride or do anything "strenuous" for around a month. The short version is, to diagnose the issue, they operated. It revealed nothing and now I have this gaping hole in my leg. Pretty gross.

Hopefully I can get back in the saddle for August. Right now I am just taking my time, hitting the gym to do light weight lifting. Having an injury on your leg sucks since so much cardio involves your lower extremities.

I see the surgeon again on Wednesday. He better have good news...even if it is that I have to keep my riding to bike paths and double track, I'll take it.

bvibert

Staff member
At least you're out of the hospital and moving forward.

I hear you about the leg injury, my wife had to have back surgery for a pinched nerve almost a couple of months ago and she still can't even feel her whole leg, let alone have full use of it.

Keep at it, you'll get back on the saddle before you know it!

BackLoafRiver

At least you're out of the hospital and moving forward.

I hear you about the leg injury, my wife had to have back surgery for a pinched nerve almost a couple of months ago and she still can't even feel her whole leg, let alone have full use of it.

Keep at it, you'll get back on the saddle before you know it!

Jesus...I hope she is ok.

You are right...I have to remember to "keep the chin up" as they say.

WoodCore

Blew up my front derailleur shifter during tonight's ride. Small inconvenience compared to what happened to Bvibert! :smash:

bvibert

Staff member
Nope, just blew up another freehub. To add insult to injury I got a flat front tire on the way out... :-?

o3jeff

Nope, just blew up another freehub. To add insult to injury I got a flat front tire on the way out... :-?

Weren't you saying the freehub was about to go at the beginning of the year? You did get a couple hundred miles out of it!

Got kicked while you were down with the flat tire! :-D

bvibert

Staff member
Weren't you saying the freehub was about to go at the beginning of the year? You did get a couple hundred miles out of it!

Got kicked while you were down with the flat tire! :-D

This is the second freehub that I've blown up so far this season...