• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Helmetcams

Sparky

I haver made several attempts to get some decent footage with a helmet cam. The majority of what I get is either ski tips or tree tops. Has anybody had success with a helamt cam? If so how did you do it?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I did. it was actually mounted to my goggle strap. You need to test it out ahead of time. My suggestion is to get it aligned inside, with your boots on and in your normal skiing posture. Alignment is different than you think. Dork around with it inside, you have your tools, tapes, etc nearby. Remember, when you align it on the flats (in your house) it's not the view your cam has when you're going down a slope, so get yourself into a slope position (hell, put your skis on too inside!) The big issue is that some of the cam mounting brackets move around too much. You need to tape it from rotating or tilting, or something.

I didn't have a tilt problem like you, I had an axial rotate problem, when the circular thing around the lens rotated and my pic is straight ahead, but 45 degrees aside!