Nass 5/24 evening edition and abrev.

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Nass 5/24 evening edition and abrev.

    With the weather not looking good, met up with powhunter and o3Jeff for my first ride of the year. According to jeff, we managed a whopping 2.6 miles before the skies started to open up. anyway, hit the stuff I wanted to, the a frame to the little log ramp to the ladder drop and then the bigger (albeit still tiny) ladder drop on the other side of the road. Even though it was far too short, it was nice to get out for a bit. Cant wait to get this going on a regular basis. Steve took a nasty crash on the ladder drop, i think he was expecting more of an a frame and just dropped his front wheel off it. hope your OK my man.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    With the weather not looking good, met up with powhunter and o3Jeff for my first ride of the year. According to jeff, we managed a whopping 2.6 miles before the skies started to open up. anyway, hit the stuff I wanted to, the a frame to the little log ramp to the ladder drop and then the bigger (albeit still tiny) ladder drop on the other side of the road. Even though it was far too short, it was nice to get out for a bit. Cant wait to get this going on a regular basis. Steve took a nasty crash on the ladder drop, i think he was expecting more of an a frame and just dropped his front wheel off it. hope your OK my man.
    which ladder did he crash on? The smaller one after the A frames, or the bigger one across the street?

  3. #3
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    Glad you guys were able to get out for a bit before the skies opened up again.

    The a-frame to log ramp jump to ladder drop was reconfigured this year to be a-frame to smaller a-frame to ladder drop, is this what you mean? And if so, does that mean you launched the second a-frame?

    I hope Steve didn't get hurt.
    Brian

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    which ladder did he crash on? The smaller one after the A frames, or the bigger one across the street?
    The smaller one after the A frames.
    2009/2010 - 28

    2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

    2008/09 - 33

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Glad you guys were able to get out for a bit before the skies opened up again.

    The a-frame to log ramp jump to ladder drop was reconfigured this year to be a-frame to smaller a-frame to ladder drop, is this what you mean? And if so, does that mean you launched the second a-frame?

    I hope Steve didn't get hurt.
    yes, that is what i mean although there is nothing to stop you from launching it. its a fun little jump. i think the first one could be nailed too but the landing would be pretty harsh.

    he went over the bars pretty good. he had a tire mark on the back of his calf where the bike landed on him. i think he'll survive but it looked rather scary.

  6. #6
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    There's nothing stopping you from launching that second a-frame, there's a nagging little scardy cat voice in my head that stops me.

    That sucks to hear about Steve. I hate hearing about people going down hard. I hope he's ok!
    Brian

  7. #7
    Nice riding with you guys...Shoulder and hand are kinda sore but nothing serious....Hit the first 2 a-frames ok and was expecting the third (to be an a-frame also) Wrong!! Front tire hit first and I went OTB and shoulder checked something hard.... Jeff led the way at a pretty decent pace...and Pat was hitting all the hits with ease...Had to shift with my left hand on the ride home...Rehabbing now with some tasty brews!

    Steveo

  8. #8
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    Glad it's nothing serious Steve!
    Brian

  9. #9
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    There's nothing stopping you from launching that second a-frame, there's a nagging little scardy cat voice in my head that stops me.
    He he he. Mr. Ex-motocross just loooooves to rub in the fact that air is not a concern for him, doesn't he? And the fact that all these "scary" stunts are no problem for him despite the fact he's ridden like 5 times Let's see if Clarky Kent has the wind to keep up with us on an epic 10+ miler...

    Seriously, glad you guys got the first Nass ride behind you. Pat - nice job on those wimpy stunts and Steve-O, hope you're not too banged up.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He he he. Mr. Ex-motocross just loooooves to rub in the fact that air is not a concern for him, doesn't he? And the fact that all these "scary" stunts are no problem for him despite the fact he's ridden like 5 times Let's see if Clarky Kent has the wind to keep up with us on an epic 10+ miler...

    Seriously, glad you guys got the first Nass ride behind you. Pat - nice job on those wimpy stunts and Steve-O, hope you're not too banged up.
    after the jump i had setup in my frontyard this afternoon, nothing at Nass was gonna seem like more then a speedbump. holy god i was LAUNCHING myself.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.