• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meaningless Rant

Sparky

Snow. I want snow. I know is a beautiful sunny day out there, it would have been great in the middle of September, but it’s November. It’s time for snow. Lots of snow. I want it to snow so hard and long that I can’t keep up with it with my 42 “snow blower. I want to have to dig the fire wood out of the snow. I want to hear all those summer loving weenies whining and crying about how much it has snowed, how cold it is, what the forecast is calling for. I want an old fashion Northeast winter and I want it Now!
I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. The presents are right there under the tree, but I have to go pretend to go to sleep while some people have already have opened their presents and gone skiing. Instead I’m setting here trapped my desk, just like I have been for the last 28 and a half years. All I can do is look out the window at the sunshine with the snow less hills in the distance. I could make a break for it, but where would I go today? I’m 100 plus miles from Killington which is closed today and even further from Wildcat which is also closed.
If I could I’d just go to sleep and wake up when winter is actually here, not alllllllmost here. However I’m at work and snoring is fronded upon.
The skies are tuned, the rack is on the car, the ski specific workouts have been done the gear has been cleaned and sorted. It is time.

Help us o weather Gods. Banish the rain, the 60degree days, and the smiling summer people and bring us what come natural, this time of year, the goodness of snow. Lots of beautiful crystalline world changing snow.
:cry:

hammer

I hear you...

I actually like having warmer weather on 31 October -- it stinks going out on Halloween with the kiddies when it's 40 degrees out. BUT, once November 1 comes along, bring on the cold!

Getting natural snow is great (in the mountains, not in my back yard), but at this point I'd be happy with a good stretch of snowmaking weather.

If you want warm weather in November, then don't live in New England... :p

Greg

Staff member
Sparky said:
Help us o weather Gods. Banish the rain, the 60degree days, and the smiling summer people and bring us what come natural, this time of year, the goodness of snow. Lots of beautiful crystalline world changing snow.
I hear ya. Here in CT, the foliage is just about peaking; if you can call it that. I can't recall a Fall in recent history where the peak occurred in November. It seems we're two weeks behind schedule. I think last week's snowstorm was a fluke and not any indication of a pattern change. I'm hoping it doesn't mean we're going to see several of the dreaded freeze/thaw cycles that kill early season skiing. Perhaps it will be like the stormy December of 2003 where there were a couple of epic days followed by rainstorms. If you're lucky enough to hit one of those days, it's great. If you're like me and just couldn't swing any of them....you're bummin'...

Greg

Staff member
illmatic said:
what do you expect? you live in new england not alaska.

move.
Way to get started here... :roll:

frozencorn

actually pretty darned meaningful.......

and New England or not, when it's 75 degrees on Hallow-freaking-een, a rant such as this is justified.

Greg

Staff member
pepperdawg said:
Yes - YOU Mr. Greg should get started looking at the stack overflow line:190 error which has been appearing since yesterday....hmmmmmm... :D :D
You're still seeing that? Today too?

Greg

Staff member
pepperdawg said:
Didnt see it all morning....message box started appearing a few hours ago...appears on almost every action...sorry
All fixed.

Sparky

Sparky said:
Snow. I want snow. I know is a beautiful sunny day out there, it would have been great in the middle of September, but it’s November. It’s time for snow. Lots of snow. I want it to snow so hard and long that I can’t keep up with it with my 42 “snow blower. I want to have to dig the fire wood out of the snow. I want to hear all those summer loving weenies whining and crying about how much it has snowed, how cold it is, what the forecast is calling for. I want an old fashion Northeast winter and I want it Now!
I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. The presents are right there under the tree, but I have to go pretend to go to sleep while some people have already have opened their presents and gone skiing. Instead I’m setting here trapped my desk, just like I have been for the last 28 and a half years. All I can do is look out the window at the sunshine with the snow less hills in the distance. I could make a break for it, but where would I go today? I’m 100 plus miles from Killington which is closed today and even further from Wildcat which is also closed.
If I could I’d just go to sleep and wake up when winter is actually here, not alllllllmost here. However I’m at work and snoring is fronded upon.
The skies are tuned, the rack is on the car, the ski specific workouts have been done the gear has been cleaned and sorted. It is time.

I'm still waiting for the real winter to start. Yes I have been skiing and I will be almost every weekend from now till sometime in April, but we still haven't had a real storm to signify winter is here. when will me have our first Nor'easter? :cry:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
oh man, winter has SO already arrived. boot deep snow is definitely a sign winter has arrived and i have experienced it multiple times over the past few weeks. it's on, come on up and get it!

Sparky

riverc0il said:
oh man, winter has SO already arrived. boot deep snow is definitely a sign winter has arrived and i have experienced it multiple times over the past few weeks. it's on, come on up and get it!

I'm glad it's "so there" up in Gods country, but it's not so much here. The grass is still poking out of what snow we have. If I could escape to your neck of the woods I would.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hey, for down where I am, any white on the ground is a good thing.

I never believed in fortune telling or soothsayers but I predict I will put a crap ton 'o miles on my car this winter.

As a matter of fact, not only do I predict that, it is my personal goal!

:beer: