• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski sizing

benderman

quick question. I am preparing to buy my first set of shaped skiis. I am looking for a chart or advice that would convert 190-cm straight ski to a shaped ski. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i am not aware of any such sizing chart that exists. best bet is to demo a two or three sizes and pick what works best for you. ski legnth could verfy any where from shoulder legnth to forehead length depending upon preferences, your physiology, and intended use of the ski.

highpeaksdrifter

benderman said:
quick question. I am preparing to buy my first set of shaped skiis. I am looking for a chart or advice that would convert 190-cm straight ski to a shaped ski. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

How much do you weigh and what is your skill level. What type of ski are you looking to buy? Race, mid-fat, stiff, soft etc.

Greg

Staff member
Moving to gear...

freestyle-skibum

well measurment wise, the tip of ur ski should just be at the tip of ur nose, or well thats what i have always gone by and it has suited me just fine, but yeah, it depends on what skill level your at and your weight[/quote]