Introducing AlpineZone.com's "Resident" Boot Fitter! - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thaller1,
    Thanks for the question, The boot should start to give you a bit of room. If they don't, they can be streched. Please keep in mind that a properly made footbed will make your foot a little smaller and give you the proper support. It is much easer to give you the room you need, after I know your foot isn't going to move were I don't want it to.

Thank you

Jeff
    Jeff Bokum, C-Ped
    Profile Orthotic Center
    603-491-4917
    Skiiboot@aol.com

Click HERE for a printable 10% Off coupon!

thaller1 - you're not right aroud the corner, but if you can get over to Concord, Jeff is the guy to see. It seems like the shell size you have is right, but you need to be properly fitted with a custom footbed and have all the fore/aft alignment, canting, etc. that Jeff is an expert at performed. You won't regret making the trip. Good luck!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Lots of great advice, thank you..looks like I'm headed for custom boot liners! Thanks guys!

thaller1

I don't think you need a new liner, A footbed and a little room for the toe is all you need.

Jeff
    Jeff Bokum, C-Ped
    Profile Orthotic Center
    603-491-4917
    Skiiboot@aol.com

Jeff

Jeff,

This is getting to be a real long thread. I live about an hour from Concord, so it's not much of a trip. When I come up with some extra cash, I would like to pay you a visit. Do you have regular hours? Are you available for business in the Summer? Should I call and make an appointment, or is walk in okay?
    lovin life,

Bob

Bob,

I am available in the summer, Because of my full time job, I do most work by Appt. I work around your schedule.
    Call me at 603-491-4917 when you are ready.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Bokum, C-Ped
    Profile Orthotic Center
    603-491-4917
    Skiiboot@aol.com

Will do Jeff. Not sure when, but I'll be looking you up. You come well recommended.
    lovin life,

Bob

Thank you for the kind words.

Talk soon

Jeff
    Jeff Bokum, C-Ped
    Profile Orthotic Center
    603-491-4917
    Skiiboot@aol.com

I'm planning on coming to Concord at some point early this winter for a proper bootfitting from Jeff for me and my wife. My question for Jeff is: If both my wife and I are interested in getting new boots and having you custom fit us with footbeds and the like, do you analyze our feet and then recommend a specific boot or couple of boots?

I know that you said you do not sell boots yourself but rather partner with S&W Sports across the street. In any event, it would seem to me that some boots are better for certain feet than others. Of course, how a boot feels on a skier is very important but your expertise and insight into the various boot manufacturers would seem to be an important element of the overall bootfitting experience with you. Am I wrong?

BTW, I'm an expert skier who has been skiing for 39 years (with a few years off while our children were young). I like to ski the tough stuff including powder, glades, trees, bumps and cruisers. I like a reasonably high performance boot but comfort is important to me as well. Based on what I've heard, read and researched on the Internet, the finalists for boots for me are as follows:

Salomon X Wave 10
    Nordica Speedmachine 14
    Technica Diablo Magnesium

When I come to Concord, would you be able to help me decide which of these (or any others for that matter) would be the best fit for me and then customize the chosen boot for my feet? Or should I try on various boots before I come, choose one based on how they fit and feel to me and then bring them up to you for customization?

Many thanks.
    Jeff

2013-14:
    Killington 11/23, 11/29
    Okemo 12/13, 1/5
    Haystack (VT) 12/30
    Mount Snow 1/1, 3/2
    Berkshire East 1/12, 2/11
    Whiteface 2/22

madskier,

Sorry for the delayed responce. I make sure that S&W carries boots for all ages and abilities. The boots you picked are all very good boots, but may or may not fit or work for you. That is something we will figure out. I do believe that I will have 2 out of the 3 boots you listed I will have the speedmachine 10 maybe 12, not many people are strong enough to flex the 14 the way it is made to. When you come up call me first to make an Appt. That way you and your family will get all the time you would like and need.

Thanks for the question

Jeff

Jeff Bokum, C-Ped
    Profile Orthotic Center
    603-491-4917
    Skiiboot@aol.com

Thread Information