• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass RAW - 6/2/09

Trev

You guys spin like crazy. What gears are you? For something like that I would try to do half as many pedals.

Someone told Pat the same thing the other day...

As he broke the pedals on his bike at the start of this run.. literally...

Greg

Staff member
You guys spin like crazy. What gears are you? For something like that I would try to do half as many pedals.

Probably 2-1. You'll notice that by the time I got to the top, I lost so much momentum I wasn't spinning that fast anymore...

bvibert

Staff member

I don't remember, that was my second attempt, so I think I went lower than the first one, which was around 2-4 I think?

bvibert

Staff member
You did fine! got over the ledge and root.. the rest should be cake..

Yes, getting over the root was an accomplishment, but I got sucked to the left, away from where I wanted to be. I also lost all momentum shortly after the root and some stupid little rock stopped me dead in my tracks, as can clearly be seen in the video.

awf170

Probably 2-1. You'll notice that by the time I got to the top, I lost so much momentum I wasn't spinning that fast anymore...

Nevermind then. I guess I spin almost that fast and just don't notice. My guess is that I would tried that in 2-2 or 2-3.

2knees

And then add it to the top of the climb on your next walk up :p

:lol: you'll fit right in with the rest of the ball busters on this site.

i'll give you a newbie pass for that dig.

2knees

brian, looking at your new avatar, i'm amazed you didnt flip your bike right over.

Trev

:lol: you'll fit right in with the rest of the ball busters on this site.

i'll give you a newbie pass for that dig.

Christ, I was afraid to open up going downhill... I have this video in my head of my flying over the bars.. lol.. keeps playing and playing..

bvibert

Staff member
brian, looking at your new avatar, i'm amazed you didnt flip your bike right over.

That's cause I got mad skillz!

Seriously, I don't know how I didn't go over either. All I know is that several parts of my body made contact with the bar, I have the black and blues to prove it.

MR. evil

Yes, getting over the root was an accomplishment, but I got sucked to the left, away from where I wanted to be. I also lost all momentum shortly after the root and some stupid little rock stopped me dead in my tracks, as can clearly be seen in the video.

Getting over that first root is pretty easy. As Brian mentioned, after you get past that root the side slope of the ledge pulls you to the left. I typically get about 3/4 of the way up that ledge and end up stopping becuase I am in the brush to the left and can't pedal anymore. The next time I ride that trail I am going to session that spot and the one tricky spot lower on the climb until I find the correct lines on each.