• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

David Carradine

wa-loaf

A little more info: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31103217/

You hear found dead in a Thailand Hotel and all kinds of crazy scenarios start to run through your head.

Anyway, seems like natural causes. You forget he was in his 70's. He didn't seem very old in the Kill Bill flics. Bummer.

bvibert

Staff member
Anyway, seems like natural causes. You forget he was in his 70's. He didn't seem very old in the Kill Bill flics. Bummer.

Sounds there's a rumor that it wasn't natural causes:
The Web site of the newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room and is believed to have committed suicide.

It's a bummer either way...

ComeBackMudPuddles

it's pretty amazing how quickly some sites get career retrospective articles published (e.g., People magazine)....

makes me wonder whether they have them on the shelf and ready to go as soon as someone famous reaches, say, 65 years of age.

playoutside

makes me wonder whether they have them on the shelf and ready to go as soon as someone famous reaches, say, 65 years of age.

My brother works for a big newspaper (and previously for ABC news), they have lots of these drafted and ready to go...politicians, actors, national figures, etc...aging and known to be ill. As an example, he talked about having the Ronald Reagan one ready to go for what seemed to me to be a VERY long time...they would update them periodically. At a place like ABC, when the person died, they would push it out to all the affiliates so that the research was available to all.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
My brother works for a big newspaper (and previously for ABC news), they have lots of these drafted and ready to go...politicians, actors, national figures, etc...aging and known to be ill. As an example, he talked about having the Ronald Reagan one ready to go for what seemed to me to be a VERY long time...they would update them periodically. At a place like ABC, when the person died, they would push it out to all the affiliates so that the research was available to all.

brokaw-741868.jpg

he was delicious...

bigbog

His one bad move....or *NON-Move!;-)

Shacked up with Barbara Hershey back in the day.....NEVER should've slacked off...as to let her split without working things out....but got his stuff together afterward....as often happens. ...And as MSNBC info goes, you never really know what's goin' on unless you know what's goin' on...:-o

Last edited:

ComeBackMudPuddles

not a suicide? the plot thickens....

[. . .]

Bangkok police said Carradine was found hanging by a nylon rope in a Bangkok hotel room closet Thursday morning.

A member of the emergency crew who was called to the hotel after a maid found Carradine told CNN that a yellow nylon rope was tied around the actor's neck and a black rope was around his genitals. Police later confirmed that information.

"I do not know if you want to call it accidental," Chuck Binder, Carradine's manager, told CNN's Larry King on Thursday. He said Carradine's career was on a roll and his life was on a resurgence.

Binder said a producer of the movie, "Stretch," which Carradine was to act in, called him from Thailand to tell him what was happening there.

"I do not want to get in the middle of this whole investigation, but this guy said to me for sure there was foul play," Binder said.

[. . .]

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
He was in Bangkok. What do you expect? ..........

Not to belittle the guy. Though I had not a clue who he was until I read this thread either. I have not seen Kill Bill nor Kung Fu. There were some deaths like this when I was in high school, IIRC. Something about getting lightheaded is supposed to enhance the experience but you have to be careful about how long you cut off the oxygen. Sad tragedy.