• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WH Res. 6/7/09

bvibert

Staff member
The problem is that almost all wheels that can handle that kind of abuse are for disc brakes only.

Sun Rhino Lites are beefy and for rim brakes. You can get the rim for around $30, but then you have to have it built up. Complete wheelsets can be found in the low $100's, depending on what you want for hub options. It's cheaper than the outlaw and a bit lighter.

http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=35

I have a front wheel that you can use. It's not super beef, but it's gotta be better than the rim that came on your bike.

MR. evil

I have a front wheel that you can use. It's not super beef, but it's gotta be better than the rim that came on your bike.

Pat
Looks like you might be able to make Wed. after all.

powhunter

Nice ride today..Good to get back to the res....Took it pretty mellow today as far as stunts, Sorry to dissapoint you guys as far as crashes go!! Im down for monday afternoons for the rest of the summer! Thought we would be done with the ride by 11..So I bailed with Pat.....Buncha shit do today around the house today..Fun watching Pat sessioning the drops...and listining to Marge cuss!! Later...

Pow

2knees

Picture of Randi riding a roller. The roller is higher and steeper than it looks in this pic

The best night for me to ride afterwork are Mon. & Wed. Maybe we can shoot for the following week.

If you like the Rez, you will love Case Mt. That place has hucks everywhere you look!

nice job randi!

I'm probably out for wednesday as i wont get a chance to see brian before then either. but next week i'm definitely in and a BIG definite to hit case sometime.

btw, i have someone's spare tube in my pack. I just need to know who the righful owner is....

powbmps

That place looks pretty cool.

What time do you guys typically meet up for these rides?

Greg

Staff member
Looks like a fun ride. Awesome pictures. Definitely down for hitting up the Rez. Make an early start time, and I'm there!

2knees

Greg and Brian like to start around 4:00 am. I think powhunter and I are more in the 9:00 am range.

you comin down some weekend? i'll break out the workbench jump if you do! :razz:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Greg and Brian like to start around 4:00 am. I think powhunter and I are more in the 9:00 am range.

you comin down some weekend? i'll break out the workbench jump if you do! :razz:
:lol: It's amazing how Brian can get up at the butt crack of dawn for these rides, but hits the snooze for over an hour when it's a work day. ;)

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
:lol: It's amazing how Brian can get up at the buck crack of dawn for these rides, but hits the snooze for over an hour when it's a work day. ;)

I do the same thing.

MR. evil

The rez is fun, but if your in the area and want to ride we can find some better places than the Rez. Case Mt is close by, and much better all around. If you want to meet kind of halfway between CT and NH we could do a group ride at Batchelor Street in Amherst / Granby Ma. Pretty much some of the sweetest trails in New England, but not much to huck.