How loud is that little voice

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How loud is that little voice

in your head? Telling you maybe this particular DH, jump, ladder, bridge etc isnt a good idea. I have 5 rides in my life and its almost non-existant. I ski somewhat hard but the voice is ALWAYS screaming in my head to be careful, live to ski another day, etc. I'm perplexed and possibly schizoid.

When it comes to riding, Pat, that little voice today was Tim, you may want to listen to it.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    When it comes to riding, Pat, that little voice today was Tim, you may want to listen to it.
    Marge heard that same voice too and didn't listen to it either
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Pretty loud. It's at about the same volume as the one skiing.

Pat - have you wrecked yet? I wonder if after a good crash, you'll back off a little bit. Or just don't wreck.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Probably louder than the one for skiing.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

my skiing voice is much louder. i haven't been presented with a drop on the bike. but i would surely pass. as for A frames, bridges, and small rollers i typically go for it.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Voice is there both for skiing and riding but for skiing it's been somewhat muted -- Probably because i' ve been hurt playing college football worse than anything i've done in skiing . So far i've not had any scary stuff on road biking .

Altho a Physician friend of mine broke his pelvis road biking ,a deer darted out in front of him while he was descending a Long and steep hill-- it was FUGLY , surgery , body cast the whole 9 yards
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

The voice is pretty loud for me in both disciplines. Though I think it's louder in MTB, with all those rocks and such around...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    The voice is pretty loud for me in both disciplines. Though I think it's louder in MTB, with all those rocks and such around...
    Yeah ican Understand that concern - never did MTN bike but can appreciated the hazards you guys challenge on some of those courses . Brian your broken frame incident was priceless -- be careful dude !!
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

I broke my hip in the late 80s jumping at Powder Ridge -- I worked there during HS and skiid there daily/nightly free.. as well as a few key spots in VT. Either way, never heard the skiing voice since.. not once..

I admit I no longer ski on 150s doing 360s, scratchers, rock n rollers, etc...

Need to hit the hills big time again.. serious itch to ski.. lucky I stumbled here too being that most of you guys ski as well.. I've been without ski partners for 10+ years.. gone a couple times in that frame.. need to get on the hills again.

Biking, well...

I was all balls since day 1 (late April this year). Then a few OTBs... wipe outs on a few drops... and I am starting to back off a bit on the whole 'all balls' approach. I've crashed and had myself inches from being without teeth.

But.. but but.. with other folk riding w/me.. the voice is more ' go for it ' then it is ' what the F are you thinking ass... '

I'll wrap my life story up with ... it's cautious.. sometimes.. and others.. it's got that 'no pain no gain' attitude.

Thread Information