• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Get a grip!

Greg

Staff member
What do you have for grips? I never thought much about it until my grips loosened so much that they now twist pretty freely. Looking to pick up some Oury lock-ons.

bvibert

Staff member
Oury lock-ons. I love them. My old grips not only twisted all over the place, but I like my brake levers in-board of the grips a bit, the grips would always move inwards and screw up my hand position.

I got the Oury's last year, they're already starting to show some signs of wear, but I think they'll last a bit longer. They're pretty big to fit my big hands and very soft and grippy.

o3jeff

I thought you had some ODI grips? Oury uses the ODI lock-on system, but are not the same thing.

That could be them too, I think the end covers have 3 letters written in white. I think I mentioned what I have on the forum somewhere, who wants to search my posts to find it?

I'll confirm what I have when I get home.

bvibert

Staff member
That could be them too, I think the end covers have 3 letters written in white. I think I mentioned what I have on the forum somewhere, who wants to search my posts to find it?

I'll confirm what I have when I get home.

ODI Rouges:

...They are the ODI Rogues that I picked up at Country Sport going out of business sale for about $10...

o3jeff

What do you have for grips? I never thought much about it until my grips loosened so much that they now twist pretty freely. Looking to pick up some Oury lock-ons.

Did you order the Oury's? What else did you get to use up the shipping costs?

Greg

Staff member
Did you order the Oury's? What else did you get to use up the shipping costs?

Yup and the 661 knee guards. I paid extra for shipping - 2 day - cuz I'm an impatient asshole. :lol:

big oz

Specialized Rocca single bolt lock ons. They are light and actually have a normal diameter.

sLoPeS

WTB's.......the reds

wtb-dual-compound-trail-grip.jpg

big oz

I can't fault anybody for riding Oury grips....they are probably on every other bike out there. I tried em once and found them way too soft and narrow. But to each his own.

Grassi21

I need to start looking for some grips. I notice my right grip was spinning a bit last night.

Greg

Staff member
So, how are you liking the new grips Greg?

Love the Ourys. The extra girth ( :blink: ) took a bit of getting used to though... :lol: It's great that they don't spin and they are really grippy.