$$$$$ for clunkers passes

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

$$$$$ for clunkers passes

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/09/h...s-legislation/

Thoughts???

Wish I had a clunker. Got rid of a VW last year, but that got like 30 mpg ...
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

If we had the money for a new car I'd trade in my wife's shit box for that credit tomorrow!
    Brian

I will refrain from comment for fear that I'll cross the AZ cardinal rule of "no political discussions" really quickly
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I will refrain from comment for fear that I'll cross the AZ cardinal rule of "no political discussions" really quickly
    You mean like how GM now stands for "Government Motors?"
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You mean like how GM now stands for "Government Motors?"
    Probably would have gotten there by my 6th or 7th reply
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Probably would have gotten there by my 6th or 7th reply
    Да камрад, я понимаю

Длиной живут People' республика s Amerika
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

I like the idea on a lot of levels. It's expensive and all, but the longer-run cost savings (both in fuel and the environment) are huge. Transportation is one of, if not the, largest energy use sectors, and improving the efficiency (and safety/reliability/etc) of the on road fleet is a good thing, I think.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Да камрад, я понимаю

Длиной живут People' республика s Amerika
    HAHAHA -- did you use one of those web translator thingies? The second sentence makes no sense.

It's lame. It's a government sponsored way to get new cars off the lot. I think the government has f'd with the free market/domestic makers hard enough since January; leave well enough alone. I'll have read the actual bill. But as it was proposed, you theoretically could go out and use the money to buy a newer pickup. The devil is in the details.

To me, this makes about as much sense as tearing down your house to built one that's more energy efficient. "Look! I'm going to save $500 a year on my utilities! Let's ignore the fact that I just used half a forest worth of trees and litteraly tons of other raw materials...I'm saving the planet!!!!1111"

Thread Information