• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Time-Out?

Should we institute temporary bans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
I’m assuming this thread was started to see how the forum community felt about temporary banning before making a decision on it, so what was decided?

That's exactly why it was started. The poll shows one thing, while a lot of the comments indicate another. There's been no decision either way yet.

highpeaksdrifter

Missed this thread 'till now and have read all post's. What's with all the pussy footin' around Greg?? Who's bein the a-holes---you "Mods" are the ones who have recieved them, so let's hear what's goin on. Common, you got 2knees tellin peeps to blow him and a mod doing drunken posting. I know they're just b.s.'n around but what about a new member??? If Alpinezone wants to be "pure white" shouldn't that be banned???

Inner circle immunity :wink::wink::wink::wink::flag:

2knees

Inner circle immunity :wink::wink::wink::wink::flag:

timeout.JPG

highpeaksdrifter

Would anyone here actually accept a temporary ban? I'm too old to accept being treated like a child. I'd be gone for good.

A pm asking the offending individual to dial it back seems more appropriate. If not good-bye forever.

I’m very anti-banning in most cases. The exception being bullying those who don’t want to fight for whatever reason.

Would anyone here actually accept a temporary ban? I'm too old to accept being treated like a child. I'd be gone for good.

A pm asking the offending individual to dial it back seems more appropriate. If not good-bye forever.

I’m very anti-banning in most cases. The exception being bullying those who don’t want to fight for whatever reason.

It depends what the temporary ban is for..if it's for goofing with Philplug or OldDirtySnowboarder definitely not and I would try to appeal the temporary ban..I don't know how, maybe by buying Gregie some new bike shorts or a steezy beard trimmer..If it was for something really bad like a relentless personal attack..then I would accept it..as you and I both know..sometimes we have to filter ourselves online. Seriously maybe 95% of the dumbass things I think or find funny but are inappropriate are filtered but the other 5% slip through and get me in trouble...

Oh well with this site getting stricter and more serious..I will need a fliter for my filter..,

Trekchick

Missed this thread 'till now and have read all post's. What's with all the pussy footin' around Greg?? Who's bein the a-holes---you "Mods" are the ones who have recieved them, so let's hear what's goin on. Common, you got 2knees tellin peeps to blow him and a mod doing drunken posting. I know they're just b.s.'n around but what about a new member??? If Alpinezone wants to be "pure white" shouldn't that be banned???
I can't speak on behalf of the AZ team, but I can guess that their intent is not to purify the content of the site, but to continue to provide a comfortable place for folks to enjoy each others company and information, without feeling like the flow is going to be interrupted by the twit that makes everyone ask "Who invited him to the party?"

campgottagopee

I can't speak on behalf of the AZ team, but I can guess that their intent is not to purify the content of the site, but to continue to provide a comfortable place for folks to enjoy each others company and information, without feeling like the flow is going to be interrupted by the twit that makes everyone ask "Who invited him to the party?"

My question would be why do they need an invite??? And maybe the person complaining is just a frggin wuss that should suck it up. Dunno really, guess that's why I asked.

highpeaksdrifter

And another thing……the next time an all out flame war is under why check out the Who’s On Line section, it fills up, probably with the same folks who complain about juvenile behavior. I guess it’s a Roman Coliseum thing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
And another thing……the next time an all out flame war is under why check out the Who’s On Line section, it fills up, probably with the same folks who complain about juvenile behavior. I guess it’s a Roman Coliseum thing.

maybe the moderators should send out Flame War alerts to our emails :lol: Call it code HWS ;)

highpeaksdrifter

Every thread gets interrupted that has over about 5 replys. People start hyjacking, answer the question they want to answer instead of the one asked or just kidding around with each other about goat sex or what not.

I agree it can be annoying, but that's the way it is, people want to have fun with it.

You probably wouldn't fit.

No offense, it's just that we can't be too nice to each other (we've been agreeing alot lately). It feels wierd and I don't think it's good for the health of the forum.

I agree..can't you call me obese or something..even though I'm technically just overweight based on my BMI..lol...

mondeo

Seriously maybe 95% of the dumbass things I think or find funny but are inappropriate are filtered but the other 5% slip through and get me in trouble...
Holy crap. It's only 5%?

It's a good thing you work for a small family company, otherwise you'd either have been fired for your emails or have improved the filter a bit.

Well, good for you. Benefit to the general population is debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.