• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need Advise - Rain Coat

HD333

Anyone have a suggestion for a lightweight rain coat?

I am not looking for foul weather gear just sonmething breathable to keep me dry during outdoor activites.I wore an old Columbia commuting today that is NOT breathable and I felt like I was in a sauna.

Looking to keep it under 150, but the cheaper the better. Maybe something sweet will come up on SAC.

Keys are:
waterproof
breathable
lightweight

TIA

HD

thetrailboss

Staff member
I got a Mountain Hardwear Gore Tex shell last year at EMS for $200 and it is really nice. Forgot the model name, but EMS only had red, black, and blue. It has a nice hood, pit zips, nice pockets, etc. I am not seeing it on their site...but they do have the Cohesion jacket which is probably nice. EMS coats are also a possibility, but they seem to go through weird design/fit seasons: one year their stuff is awesome, the next it sucks.

Greg

Staff member
I'm interested in this too. I'm looking for something for just "around town".

skibum9995

If you want lightweight and inexpensive it's had to beat DriDucks. Not much for color selections, but you get a jacket and pant combo that weighs less than most jackets and is a lot cheaper as well.

HD333

Precip TR

Ordered on Tuesday it arrived on Wed. Good thing I have been wearing it since.

Keeping me dry on both the outside and inside.

Good call.

HD