• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trip Reports: New RSS Feed!

Greg

Staff member
Hello AZers! I've implemented a new RSS feed for the trip reports posted by our members. The new RSS Feed links to a Trip Report portal, very similar to our News portal. You can use the following buttons to access the RSS feed:

It is now more important than ever that you carefully follow the instructions found HERE when posting trip reports. Thanks and enjoy!

Greg

Staff member
salida said:
Nice work, I use www.google.com/ig and its an awesome way to encorporate your rss feeds into my homepage...

Way to make good use of RSS!! :)
Thanks! Glad there are some folks that are finding this stuff useful.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Ummm...OK...sounds good... :blink: Can someone explain what it means to those who aren't as tech-literate? :wink:

Greg

Staff member
thetrailboss said:
Ummm...OK...sounds good... :blink: Can someone explain what it means to those who aren't as tech-literate? :wink:
I provide some links here.

ctenidae

Greg- I wonder if it might make sense to make a form to fill out ofr trip reports. I don't know how much trouble that would be, or if there's a recurring problem with thte formats people post (for searching,e tc), but a form could guarantee correct format.

I mena, it's not like you have anything else to do, anyway, right?

Greg

Staff member
ctenidae said:
Greg- I wonder if it might make sense to make a form to fill out ofr trip reports. I don't know how much trouble that would be, or if there's a recurring problem with thte formats people post (for searching,e tc), but a form could guarantee correct format.

I mena, it's not like you have anything else to do, anyway, right?
It's been considered and would simply be a matter of adding a few fields to the database and recoding the posting forms a bit. Probably not difficult, but this will add additional modifications to the forum software that will need to be re-implemented as security patches are released. It's not a huge problem if folks don't use the suggested format, but it's certainly encouraged. Perhaps the mods and I can take a more active role in editing TRs that aren't formatted correctly. The most critical item is the subject, especially for skiing TRs. The ski area name needs to be properly formatted and spelled or it won't be pulled up in searches from the ski area profiles.

ctenidae

Gotcha- kind of what I figured, more work than it's worth.

Just think of all the beer you can drink while not re-modifying the forums!