• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - RAW - 2009-06-16

WoodCore

Great ride tonight!!

After the all the rain we have had lately it was great to get back into the woods and roll. I'll let some one else give the play by play while I work on the video! Yes that's right, got some sweet video.

While you wait here's the track data from the ride.

http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=575

http://crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=7&t=575&w=0

Great to meet Chris and Pat, hook up with Brian once again (this time without a broken frame) and finally get a chance to ride with you Greg.

Alright back to the video........

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=575

http://crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=7&t=575&w=0

Great to meet Chris and Tim, hook up with Brian once again (this time without a broken frame) and finally get a chance to ride with you Greg.

Alright back to the video........

Glad to see we broke the 6 mile mark with the additional fumbling around the jail. Tim? I think you mean Pat, but they do kinda look alike. ;) Definitely great to ride with you too Jon. Hop in on a ride with us anytime. Thanks for the post-ride brew!

Can't wait to see the vid. Some nice smooth drops by 2knees and some scary landings as well. You can skip the footage of the lameness that was me climbing that stupid slab... :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Good ride, a little scatter brained at the end, but good. We didn't get over to the kitchen like Greg originally planned, sorry dude. It was fun watching Pat huck shit. Even better that he didn't break himself, though he did go down a couple of times. The trails were in overall good shape, but the rocks and wood was a little slick, a few patches of light mud here and there. We did our typical loop on the east side, skipping the lowest part for fear of it being too wet. We ended with the fun trail with the ladder rollers and small dirt jumps, were Pat made an impressive huck look easy. Then we dropped off Grassi and Pat and did a little loop up on the east side, through some stuff we had already ridden, popped back out on Stone and went poking around on the west side. It was getting dark so we didn't want to venture too far. Called it a night with some nice brews in the lot afterward, thanks woodcore!

Good to see Grassi out on a bike again finally, Pat; you were riding well, stop pussing out on the hills and you'll kicking my ass all over the place. Nice to ride with woodcore again, I hope you can make more of our rides. Greg; a pleasure as always.

Can't wait to see the video! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Good to see Grassi out on a bike again finally, Pat; you were riding well, stop pussing out on the hills and you'll kicking my ass all over the place. Nice to ride with woodcore again, I hope you can make more of our rides. Greg; a pleasure as always.

Chris has picked right up where he left off. He was jamming on some of the hills. Seems like he only quit on the climbs when he saw Pat do it. :) Embrace the misery, fellas! You just might learn to love it. The climbing addiction is kinda weird like that.

Anyway, big props also to Chris for tackling some of the ladder roller things. Nice aggressive riding. Pat - you just got that drop thing down. Threading the needle to line up (well 2 out of the 3 times ;) ) on that drop bellow the ladder-rock-ladder was impressive. You usually just land them so smooth. I'll say it again, someday when you get on a real bike, it's gonna be nuts to watch.

Grassi21

Can't wait to see the carnage. Props to Pat. He is my idol.

Good time tonight minus the OTB at the end. Nice meeting you Wood.

2knees

Nice to meet you woodcore. Had fun riding today. I mean the trail riding. I was really enjoying it, even the climbs, as far as i could go. Probably pushed my luck going for that bigger huck the 3rd time, the landings were rough and i just didnt pull it off the last time. could've done without the stupid crash on the dirt jumps too but oh well. cant wait to get out again, although my knee is a bit sore from having my leg bent all the way back.

the bike is holding up though. :lol:

2knees

Chris has picked right up where he left off. He was jamming on some of the hills. Seems like he only quit on the climbs when he saw Pat do it. :)

so its my fault???? :eek: actually, i felt like i climbed alot longer than i have on any other ride.

I'll say it again, someday when you get on a real bike, it's gonna be nuts to watch.

umm yeah, i think yesterday was sufficiently nuts from where I'm sitting. seriously i'm in some major pain today.

Greg

Staff member
so its my fault???? actually, i felt like i climbed alot longer than i have on any other ride.

Lighten up Frances. I was just busting balls. I remember you saying how those first two climbs seemed a lot shorter this time. It's all perspective and the climbing part gets easier the more you do it. That climb up to the trail that leads over to the caveman drop used to seem like pure torture to me. It's a lot easier now.

2knees

Lighten up Frances. I was just busting balls.

I think i knew that bro!

As far as climbing, i was talking to grassi as i walked up one of them. I think i want him to bring a bull horn next time and scream at me like he would one of his lacrosse players.

Grassi21

I think i knew that bro!

As far as climbing, i was talking to grassi as i walked up one of them. I think i want him to bring a bull horn next time and scream at me like he would one of his lacrosse players.

Its all about the 3 Hs... Head Heart and Hustle

:lol:

Greg

Staff member

Climbs are always going to be tough with the low free-ride seat style you've adopted. I notice you stand and mash a lot. That's draining on the whole body. I only usually stand on the steepest of climbs, to get over some uneven terrain, or when I need just one final burst to make it to the top.

bvibert

Staff member

That would be pleasant... ;)

I thought you were riding well yesterday Pat. There was a few times on short climbs that I thought I would have dropped you, but you were right there on my tail.

Greg

Staff member
I think everyone was riding well. I hope the pace and break locations/lengths were good. I like how Chris only needs 90 seconds or so and is then ready to get going again.

bvibert

Staff member

Climbs are always going to be tough with the low free-ride seat style you've adopted. I notice you stand and mash a lot. That's draining on the whole body. I only usually stand on the steepest of climbs, to get over some uneven terrain, or when I need just one final burst to make it to the top.

Yes, what he said is true. Ideally you want your seat high enough so that you leg is almost fully extended when your pedal is at the bottom of the stroke and your foot is relatively parallel to the ground. That's for when you're doing a lot of pedaling or uphill. I like to lower mine for going down sketchy stuff, or if I was going to be doing any crazy hucks like you do. For the most part I keep it slightly lower than the optimal pedaling height.

bvibert

Staff member
I think everyone was riding well. I hope the pace and break locations/lengths were good. I like how Chris only needs 90 seconds or so and is then ready to get going again.

Agreed, I didn't mean to imply that everyone else was riding poorly. I guess I was just expecting less out of Pat. :p