• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for an AT binding

awf170

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
someone offered me titinals 1 for $50 on epicski.com and someone else took up the deal before me. Am i the only that thinks that is total crap. First of all the person should of pm'ed me. And if it is offered to me dont I get first dibs, and I dont want it anyone else can get it. If this stupid person wanted a pair of titanals why not make his on freakin thread about how he wants a pair instead of not grabbing my offer before I can even respond. Pretty made right now... :angry:

Greg

Staff member
Low blow. That's life sometimes Austin...

NHpowderhound

When I bought my T3's the difference was the Freeride had a DIN that went to 12 where the T3 only goes to 10. Also the Freeride diddnt come with the kick return spring and the T3 did. Not a big deal as you can purchase the spring and hook it up yourself. Not sure what the difference is between the two of them now. I love my T3's and would make the same purchase again. Only drawback I notice is you need to clear ALL the snow off the bottoms of your boot when clicking in or you'll be stepping out. I rode a lift last year where I noticed my toe was starting to come out while I was on the chair :eek: .Luckily I made it to the top without loseing my ski 8)
((*
*))NHPH

awf170

[rant]wow, yesterday some else gave me an offer over at epicski and then after I said the price was too high, he says okay I already sold them on ebay. And his buy now price at ebay was $25 less then what he offered me. What if I said yes I wanted then. Wow what an idiot, couldnt have he atleast waited a day before putting them on ebay. I would have maybe bought them at ebays price $200 - 10% coupon. So $180 instead of $225... what an idiot.[/rant]

awf170

Another question: There is absolutely nothing different between the yellow freerides(03-04) and the new ones(red) right?

Also whats they warrentee on them. Because someone offered me some 03-04 ones, so theres no waranty left on them right?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
there are differences, i can't remember what though. the red one's from last year are definitely a step up than the older grey/yellow ones. i think they stregnthened some aspects of the binding but i am not sure. i don't recall what the warrenty is but buying second hand, remounting, and not having an original receipt could cause issues for a warrenty regardless. i suspect with fritschi's reputation you probably won't need to worry about a warrenty any ways. not saying parts won't break eventually though.

awf170

hmm.... $250 + shipping for 03-04 freerides, one 20 days on it, the other one 0

or... new freerides $340 shipped.

or wait...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
frankly, i think it sucks that people can sell 20 day used freerides for more than what they paid for them. while i am not in your shoes of needing a binding as cheap as possible, i'd go new just to spite them.

awf170

riverc0il said:
frankly, i think it sucks that people can sell 20 day used freerides for more than what they paid for them. while i am not in your shoes of needing a binding as cheap as possible, i'd go new just to spite them.

Ya, I might go for the new ones. Its going to be my christmas present so I could spend the money. I think I may just wait though, because I probably wont even use them until feb or march, so I have plenty of time.

JimG.

Staff member
riverc0il said:
there are differences, i can't remember what though. the red one's from last year are definitely a step up than the older grey/yellow ones. i think they stregnthened some aspects of the binding but i am not sure. i don't recall what the warrenty is but buying second hand, remounting, and not having an original receipt could cause issues for a warrenty regardless. i suspect with fritschi's reputation you probably won't need to worry about a warrenty any ways. not saying parts won't break eventually though.

I have the grey/yellow ones...they're built like tanks. Used them exclusively all last season and so far this season. Best bindings I've ever owned.

Can't imagine how they've been improved, I like mine the way they are and they didn't cost me anywhere near $425!!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
yea, sorry i didn't clarify that. i have never heard a single problem about the older one's. what ever improvements were made were definitely minor and not a reason to shy away from an older pair if you can find one reasonably priced. i still don't think it is a good idea to driving market value prices by purchasing a used pair for more than original purchase price.

awf170

riverc0il said:
yea, sorry i didn't clarify that. i have never heard a single problem about the older one's. what ever improvements were made were definitely minor and not a reason to shy away from an older pair if you can find one reasonably priced. i still don't think it is a good idea to driving market value prices by purchasing a used pair for more than original purchase price.

River I know what your saying about it driving up market value. But the fact is once he posts used freerides for $250 on the gear swap at TGR he will instanely have a ton of offers, so me not taking them will make little difference. Someone actually sold freerides used about 40 days for $275 recently :eek: There were some 2 day old freerides on ebay today for $250 which I would pick up, but they were a small, and my foot is already 295mm so im scared my next boot might be over 305mm, so they wouldnt even fit in a year or two

awf170

well I did it, it took a while but i ended up doing a good job and not screwing up :D that tail clip is a serious pain, if you dont get the legnth perfectly right it does work, no room for error what so ever. It still doesnt stay well. I think I have to get some sort of bungy cord string to hook up to the back of binding(there is a little hook made for this) then tie to the clipfix system, because it doesnt seem like it will stay how it is now.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
damn, what type of skins did you get? i really enjoy the G3's clip because it stretchs and can secure the skin at various lengths allowing some room for error.

awf170

riverc0il said:
damn, what type of skins did you get? i really enjoy the G3's clip because it stretchs and can secure the skin at various lengths allowing some room for error.

BLD0234.jpg

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/ou...nsion-Nylon-ClipFix-Skins.html?swatch=BLD0234