• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skiandridecheap.org

markmaytum

Is this newsletter (and website) still around. I can't google any mention of it. Has it been replaced by something else?

tia

markmaytum

nope, pretty sure it was that. It was just a folded 11x17 newletter published in the winter months. Northeast only. It had everything from all the ski swaps to the Jeep Days, canned food donation day, mountains that would offer others' seasons passes. This guy dug *deep* to find every deal, no matter how obscure.

I just have the feeling he's not publishing anymore. Hoping somebody in the forums might know something.

bvibert

Staff member
I haven't heard of it, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Be sure to let us know if you find anything else out.

Welcome to the forums!

Greg

Staff member
markmaytum said:
nope, pretty sure it was that. It was just a folded 11x17 newletter published in the winter months. Northeast only. It had everything from all the ski swaps to the Jeep Days, canned food donation day, mountains that would offer others' seasons passes. This guy dug *deep* to find every deal, no matter how obscure.

I just have the feeling he's not publishing anymore. Hoping somebody in the forums might know something.
Interesting. I though you might have meant this:

http://www.rideandskine.com/

hooks

FYI: While their site isn't updated, I just heard from the Ride and Ski NE people that they will be offering the discount card again this year. They'll also have a table at the Boston Expo where the card can be had for a mere $25. When we talked last year, the guy who ran it said they'd be expanding the list for '05-06 but I guess we'll find out on Thursday. Cheap turns are good!