• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Is Hitting The Slopes Over Thanksgiving Weekend?

Zand

I should be starting my season Friday at Wachusett. Wednesday is just a day off, Thursday is football and turkey, Friday is skiing, Saturday is work, and Sunday is Quincy Christmas Parade. Knowing my luck, it'll snow Friday night, but once the Monday after rolls around, I'll be at Wachusett plenty of weeknights.

Skierman

Yep, I plan to go to Wachusett on Friday as well. Well, if their open. I have hopes for them, The weather looks like it is getting colder, and the three days before it opens, the lows are going to be perfect for snowmaking, and the highs will be 38º at most, which is about freezing, so the snow won't melt too much during the day.

Other than that im doing nothing at all...

Mark D

belleayre on the 26th for their rail jam. im gonna be taping some PASR guys.

Treeliner

awf170 said:
Maybe wildcat, if I dont fail my road test, and my parents let me go.

Good luck man, I passed mine a couple months ago. This will be my first season with a license...I'm psyched!

hammer

thetrailboss said:
Cannon or Sunapee for me on Friday.
I remember checking Sunapee last year around the same time...when they first opened, they had a couple of top to bottom runs on their intermediate slopes but that's about it.

The good thing is that the lift ticket prices were reduced.

I'd actually like to see Crotched open up with a few trails by next Friday, but unless we get a good cold stretch I don't see that happening... :(

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
If the legs hold out, it'll be Thursday-Sunday. Probably all Killington. Or may just take a ride up to Sunday River for a day in between if it looks like it's worthwhile.

Rushski

May hit Sunapee as I have a midweek pass there. UNLESS some friends decide to hit KMart which will obviously hold more trails and unfortunately people...

madskier6

Thanksgiving Turns

I'll be at Sugarbush North Wed thru Sun. Hopefully there will be some good snowmaking coverage, colder temps and perhaps a snow storm of some sort.

Enjoy those first days of the season, wherever you will be !! :D

snosharkrider

i'll start at okemo on turkey day; if need be based on conditions i will head to killington. got to work off dinner some how.

dmo

Anyone know of any good lift ticket deals that weekend -- especially given the late start and (probable) low trail counts? I'll be in Mass that weekend, so a bit shorter of a ride to most places than from here in Brooklyn.

Looks like my Bronze All4One is good on Sunday the 27th, but would be interested in hitting something else Friday/Saturday.