• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Robinson State Park, Agawam MA

MR. evil

Managed to get out for a last minute ride this evening. Headed over to a local spot about 5 minutes from my house. This was actually the first time I have ridden there this season. The trails are not very technical and I kind of got burnt out riding there allot last season. But very quickly I remembered what makes this place fun. While not technical, the trails are VERY twisty / flowy. It actually makes the Scoville twisties look...well..not so twisty. With the wet conditions things were pretty slick and the twisty trails kept me on my toes. Many of the trails are covered in spider webs of small tree roots that proved to be quite challenging, the back end of my bike was all over the place. I also learned that in slick conditions even the smallest trail feature can be challenging. I came upon a small 2" diameter tree branch laying across the trail at about 45 degrees. Normally I don't pay these kinds of small branches any attention. I just ride over them without even pulling up on the bars. Well I tried that tonight and ended up on my ass. My front wheel instantly kicked out to the right and I went down on the left. This was the first ride in a while that I didn't wear my shin armor because the trails are so 'easy' and I ended up with a nice scrape on my shin. That will teach me.

According to my GPS I did just under 5 miles in 1 hour 4 minutes. My GPS is usually about 1/2 mile short, so I would estimate that I did just under 5.5 miles.

GPS track
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=251601

Trev

Sounds fun!

I love those twisties at Nass.. good stuff...