• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Getting personal.

J

jlangdale

All I can say is as this forum gets more used, people will get personal and insult someone else because that is our nature. Myself I try to limit that unless its clearly in good fun. Better to just talk about skiing and boarding than who or what someone is or isnt'.

Joshua B

Totally man. I'm right there with you. Sure, share your opinion about skiing, but don't let the argument get so low that you're insulting someone personally.

Of course if you're insulted first...then it's hard not to zing back.

A

ASC

It's easy to be nice. One shouldn't take these forums TOO seriously. (Hi Greg) 8)

ChileMass

My bad - need to keep the mouth zipped even when provoked. Gotta give ASC the props - he does generate discussion, but perhaps it could done in a less confrontational way. One person's opinion is as valid as the next, and if someone needs to come out on top no matter what, that's when it stops being fun. But hey, it's all good here and life's too short to spend it bitching. Let's just move on.....

Greg

Staff member
Opinions are fine. Debates are fine. Personal attacks and insults are not. As the board continues to gain in popularity, I'll probably need to post official forum 'rules'. I normally like to take a hands-off approach, but I will not allow any discussion to degenerate into anything personal. Do that stuff over Email.

For now, consider this: iIf a thread does degenerate, but contains useful information, it will be locked. If the whole thread is junk, it will be deleted. I'll try to be fair, and what constitutes degeneration beyond repair will be determined by me or a moderator, and at our discretion. If there is a problem poster, he/she will be warned. If it happens a second time, the account will be banned. I have the means for tracking posts based on IP, so if someone comes back under another account and continues it, that IP will be blocked. The Hiking forums have been relatively popular for years and have remained extremely mature and on topic. Let's try to keep that quality in the Skiing boards.

Oh...and moving this guy to Miscellanous. Carry on.

Joshua B

Well he took the troll approach. He found a site that he doesn't much care for and tried to stir up feathers right from the get-go. And he succeeded. I have a feeling he is not a boarder from out west. I have a feeling he might be even closer to New England skiing and New England ski web sites than we might think.

A

ASC

Joshua B said:
Well he took the troll approach. He found a site that he doesn't much care for and tried to stir up feathers right from the get-go. And he succeeded. I have a feeling he is not a boarder from out west. I have a feeling he might be even closer to New England skiing and New England ski web sites than we might think.
I never said I was from out West. I am from Boston(South End) actually. And what do you mean "He found a site that he doesn't much care for"? Why would you say something as unfounded like that? I think it is excellent that there is a site devoted to NorthEast Skiing&Riding. I grew up skiing at Wildcat. Just trying to stimulate some discussion, that's all. Some much for the "conspiricy theory". I was not at Dealy Plaza in 1962 either. :wink:
EDIT: If y'all want me to stay or go, post below. I will abide by the consensus.

Jaytrek57

jesus...miss a day or two and things really pick-up!!

I think ASC is Grizzlymama in disguise!!

But alas..that is off topic and perhaps a bit archaic.

One need not degrade one place, whether by purpose or inference, to promote another. It is nothing but, IMHO, an elitist ego trip. The problem lies with blanket statements, in a typed format and one’s interpretations of those statements.

ASC—

You may not have been at Dealy Plaza in 1962….how about 1963? I hate when those pesky “facts” get in the way.
:wink:

J

jlangdale

Wtf is a troll anyway? Lol. I guess I'm not that much of a leet forum user. And, I don't have any problem with ASC or anyone.

Although I'm curious what affilation ASC has with ASC, initials are not BJW are they? lol