• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Grab your ankles and kiss your

mondeo

Holy @#$@$^!!!!!

Tried to get over to the company gym before it hit, just starting to rain when I got out the door, couple hundred feet later I noticed a hail stone, then some more, then more, started running, by the time I got to my car it was pouring 3/4 inch hail.

Avoided the worst of it by spending a few hours at the gym. Noticed a couple trees down on the highway part of 3, 91 was slow under 3 so I figured I'd take rt 3 the entire way home, traffic lights out, a little hectic crossing Silas Deane, limbs down all over the place, good sized ones at that.

Boards should be a little slow for a while. It'll be a while before Pat gets his power back.
In the words of Napoleon Dynamite...Lucky!!!! I love seeing a good Thunderstorm..
That wasn't a thunderstorm. That was the wrath of God.

mondeo

From the Courant:

"A power surge forced the UConn Medical Center to run on generator power, and a couple of windows at the facility were broken. No patients are OK, according to a spokesperson."

:-o

Greg

Staff member
We alluded any major severity. Some hail, lots of rain and solid 2 1/2 hours of intermittent rumbling thunder and lightning. It cleared about 45 minutes ago and we had some killer stratocumulus as the sun was setting.

Mildcat

From the Courant:

"A power surge forced the UConn Medical Center to run on generator power, and a couple of windows at the facility were broken. No patients are OK, according to a spokesperson."

:-o

:-o :smile:

2knees

here we go again. :roll:

I'm very concerned as alot of the trees that didnt get knocked down last time aren't in the best shape. Some big branches are still hanging and such. maybe i'm just freakin out but it looks like its making a beeline for central ct once again.

Greg

Staff member
Here's the best radar I've found for tracking this stuff:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Map.aspx?location=USCT0094

Zoom right into almost town level and drag it around. It's pretty accurate. Last week when Waterbury got 5" of rain in like 4 hours, you could watch the cells pop up right over the city. There's animation controls, btu you have to scroll to the bottom.

dmc

We got pummeled by hail a couple hours ago here in NYS...

Mildcat

I was driving around Worcester, Auburn, and Shrewsbury during the storm and it was pretty cool to see. I was in Grossmans Garbage Outlet when lightning struck and knocked out the power. When I left there I tried to get to Lumber Liquidators in Shrewsbury but I kept hitting washed out roads. On Rt. 20 under Rt. 122 the road was closed with a couple cars under water. When I got home the sun was shining, go figure.