• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vs versa Killingtonchat.com

J

jlangdale

http://www.killingtonchat.com

In case any kmark people here are unaware, there is a Killington specific forum site. If you like this type of forum you might like kchat, although at times a bit... 'off-beat.'

I've also posted about AP to that forum.

Greg

Staff member
Nice to see Steve's using phpBB as well. Last year's framed version of the board was kinda clunky.

J

jlangdale

Yea that version wasn't the best, but was better than some.

Tyrolean_skier

I am a regular contributor in the Killington chat room. At JLangdale's suggestion, I came over here to check out this board. It seems like a nice message board so I registered here and hope to be able to contribute from time to time. I am a season passholder at Killington so I don't visit other mountains that often. In the past I also skied at Mt. Snow, Stratton, Okemo, Sugarbush, Stowe, Whiteface. I live on LI, NY so going to other NE areas in NH and ME for a weekend is not feasible. Maybe one of these days I will make it up that way for an extended weekend. :)

I have only skied 4 days so far this season. Hopefully the rest of the season will get better. :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Greg

Staff member
Tyrolean_skier said:
I have only skied 4 days so far this season.
How can you live with yourself?!? j/k

Welcome to the boards! :)

J

jlangdale

Tyrolean_skier said:
I am a regular contributor in the Killington chat room. At JLangdale's suggestion, I came over here to check out this board. It seems like a nice message board so I registered here and hope to be able to contribute from time to time. I am a season passholder at Killington so I don't visit other mountains that often. In the past I also skied at Mt. Snow, Stratton, Okemo, Sugarbush, Stowe, Whiteface. I live on LI, NY so going to other NE areas in NH and ME for a weekend is not feasible. Maybe one of these days I will make it up that way for an extended weekend. :)

I have only skied 4 days so far this season. Hopefully the rest of the season will get better. :)

Hey Tyrolean, are you the women I gave that discount Killington ticket to at the KBL bar last season? I'm trying to remember if I remember you.

Joshua B

Yeah, I know it's just a slick way to say it. It just cracks me up is all.

My snowboarder friend told me once he was riding up with a skier who was all hyped up, excited, and talking fast...turns out he was on crack and would be living it up again that night. He invited him to meet up and join the party, and kept saying, "OK, so I'll meet you at KBL! See you at KBL!" My friend got a huge kick out of this and the whole KBL lingo. So this is no disrespect to you...but it's the first time outside of that story that I've heard someone use it. I'm sure it's the normal term for Killington Base Lodge but since I go there only once or twice a year, I'm just not up on it.

J

jlangdale

I first heard the 'KBL' use on kchat board. I'm a wanna-be local, can't you tell?

Greg

Staff member
jlangdale said:
I'm a wanna-be local, can't you tell?
You're a hell of a lot more local than many of us...

Tyrolean_skier

jlangdale said:
Tyrolean_skier said:

Hey Tyrolean, are you the women I gave that discount Killington ticket to at the KBL bar last season? I'm trying to remember if I remember you.

I am a season passholder so I am not that woman. We met last year on the hill. We talked on the radio and then you skied down to an intersection (don't remember which one now) where we introduced ourselves. BTW my husband was with me. He is 6'5" so maybe you remember meeting him. His handle in the Killington chat room is SkiDork.

J

jlangdale

Tyrolean_skier said:
jlangdale said:
Tyrolean_skier said:

I am a season passholder so I am not that woman. We met last year on the hill. We talked on the radio and then you skied down to an intersection (don't remember which one now) where we introduced ourselves. BTW my husband was with me. He is 6'5" so maybe you remember meeting him. His handle in the Killington chat room is SkiDork.

Ah ok, I remember that time. It must have been someone else I met inside from kchat that was a season passholder but had a use for the ticket.

Tyrolean_skier

jlangdale said:
Tyrolean_skier said:
jlangdale said:
Tyrolean_skier said:

Ah ok, I remember that time. It must have been someone else I met inside from kchat that was a season passholder but had a use for the ticket.

I wouldn't turn down discount tickets either. I have many friends who are not pass holders and could use a break on the price. Let me know if you have any this year you can give away.