• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

some pics from our tornado

2knees

Holy crap dude, I hope you didn't get much damage! Was there actually a tornado, or just really strong winds?

NWS conducted a walk through and fly overs on saturday and from that and the radar images, they classified it as an F-1. 1.7 miles long and 40 feet wide. went right by my house.

2knees

i have some crazy pics on my other camera but i cant upload anymore images. anyway, nobody got hurt apparently but even today, the whole neighborhood looks like a war zone. that and the landscape has changed so dramatically. the amount of tall trees missing is really amazing.

powbmps

2knees - Is that house split in two in your neighborhood? Saw that on the news this morning. Was wondering if any of you guys lived in the area.

Glad no one was hurt!

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I was driving across the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge on I84 right before this storm and I noticed a twist in the clouds. I pulled over to make sure I was not seeing things, and it was definitely a start of a tornado. Kinda scary. What was even funnier was driving by Hudson Valley BMW and seeing most of the alarms going off on the bimmers due to a close lightning strike. Imagine all of the salespeople scrambling for the keys to shut them down!

2knees

2knees - Is that house split in two in your neighborhood? Saw that on the news this morning. Was wondering if any of you guys lived in the area.

Glad no one was hurt!

5 houses down from me on the other side of the street.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i have some crazy pics on my other camera but i cant upload anymore images. anyway, nobody got hurt apparently but even today, the whole neighborhood looks like a war zone. that and the landscape has changed so dramatically. the amount of tall trees missing is really amazing.

will be that way for a long time. Yesterday I drove by where the NH tornado was last year and it's still a mess.

Were you or any of your family in your home when it hit? I wonder if I would have the intuition to hide in the bathroom or basement should I ever be faced with that.

2knees

Come on Pat, Channel 3 is there live, set up the saw horse and board in the background and get some air!

didnt need the workbench, we just launched this all night.

tornado6.sized.jpg

Grassi21

there were 4 or 5 kids, probably early teens, on their bmx bikes looking at it. I debated it too but honestly, it would've been a hellacious landing. It's still there today so maybe, just maybe.......

save yourself for friday...

o3jeff

Wow,I just cut thru old Wethersfield on my way to Hartford. Lots of damaged homes and trees throughout the area.Those pics don't show how extensive the damage is all over that area.

mondeo

I just realized that this house is on my way to work when I bike in.

I was toying with the idea of riding in Friday, as it was supposed to be nice in the morning and "scattered" T-storms at night. Guess I made the right choice.

2knees

I just realized that this house is on my way to work when I bike in.

I was toying with the idea of riding in Friday, as it was supposed to be nice in the morning and "scattered" T-storms at night. Guess I made the right choice.

next time stop by and have a beer. well, on your way home. yellow house on the right side of church street, right after the school crosswalk, is mine. i'll get you all tanked up and then send you on your merry way. :lol:

2knees

Wow,I just cut thru old Wethersfield on my way to Hartford. Lots of damaged homes and trees throughout the area.Those pics don't show how extensive the damage is all over that area.

there's another area of incredible damage just on the other side of the silas deane, right behind the library. If you go home that way, check it out. There were still trees on houses in that area as of last night.

o3jeff

next time stop by and have a beer. well, on your way home. yellow house on the right side of church street, right after the school crosswalk, is mine. i'll get you all tanked up and then send you on your merry way. :lol:

I drove right by your house and didn't even know it. I cut up Church to get to the Silas Deane!

After Hartford I went to Rocky Hill and was surprised to see all the branches on the ground all the way down route 3 to the Rocky Hill boarder.