• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

some pics from our tornado

2knees

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1693.JPG

tons of damage. have a bunch of pics, i'll sort through the more intense ones and post them later.

just got our power back this afternoon.

MR. evil

I really hope thats not your house.

Did that happen Friday evening? The weather was pretty nasty as I was leaving work in Hartford on Friday.

o3jeff

I snuck out of work in Glastonbury at about quarter to four Friday and saw those black clouds rolling into town. Saw some stuff on yesterdays news, incredible what wind can do.

You have any damage at your house?

Last edited:

2knees

none of those were my house. we got incredibly lucky and only lost our gazebo.

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

bvibert

Staff member
Holy crap dude, I hope you didn't get much damage! Was there actually a tornado, or just really strong winds?

bvibert

Staff member
Is that your bike I see in the last pic? Tell me you were trying to ride over the tree. :lol:

catskills

I hope nobody got hurt.

Did it snap you skis in half and crush your ski boots. A tree like that could make tooth picks out of a nice pair of skis or a snowboard. If so I hope you have replacement insurance.

mondeo

Took rte 3 home Friday, some pretty big branches down all over the place, but nothing nearly as dramatic as that stuff. Must've only been the 65 mph winds there.

Greg

Staff member
That's crazy! We have decent sized oaks all within striking distance in my yard. It makes me very nervous when the wind goes up. We had a 24" diameter oak drop in teh bag last summer and saw it go down. Sucks for those people in that one house especially.

Trekchick

I saw that too, he was must of grabbed his board and was jumping stuff or riding the skinnies!

Is that your bike I see in the last pic? Tell me you were trying to ride over the tree. :lol:
I was thinking the same thing.
That is a sweet log to cross tho, eh?

Holy crap! I feel bad for those people.
^^^ What he said^^^
Mostly I'm in awe of the forces of nature and the amazing resilience that people have to come out of damage like this but, still.....Holy Crap, I feel bad for these people.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
That's about the laziest way to gather firewood I've ever seen. Seriously, how much more effort would it have taken just to carry it in the house?

/Hope no one was hurt, that sucks
//I couldn't resist, sorry, the devil... or Paul, made me do it

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
That's about the laziest way to gather firewood I've ever seen. Seriously, how much more effort would it have taken just to carry it in the house?

/Hope no one was hurt, that sucks
//I couldn't resist, sorry, the devil... or Paul, made me do it

I had thought that somebody is going to have plenty of firewood this winter...but originally refrained from typing it...