• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meshomasic 6_29_09

Paul

Seeing as I'm on a vacation, and the weather held-up today, I figured I'd head over to the Mesh after hitting the gym. I left my house around 9:30 and rode to one of the entrance points, Portland Resevoir Rd. It was about 2 miles of road riding from my door. The first part is pretty washed-out and uphill for the first mile and a half - 2 miles.
iPhone076.jpg

After cresting Meshomasic Mtn, the doubletrack (Former Fireroad) went downhill for about a mile.
iPhone077.jpg

iPhone044-1.jpg

The up and down hills were pretty rocky, with many of the rocks about the size of a cantaloupe. The flat sections were a combo of sand and mud, and a lot of LARGE puddles.
iPhone075.jpg

On the same downhill, I found some cool single track with some areas that would leave Pat drooling.

iPhone072.jpg

iPhone064.jpg

Paul

iPhone063.jpg

iPhone053-1.jpg

iPhone074.jpg

I had another pic of this from the side angle, there is a large flat rock leaning against the one in the middle. There's about 8 feet of slight downward slope before it falls right off. the lead-up is down a large roller.

After this diversion I stuck mostly to Fireroad with a few occasional sidetracks down some ST like the above pics. The next 2.5 miles were uphill mainly and at the intersection of the Shenipsit Trail, I veered-off and took what looked like an ATV trail to the paved road for another mile. From there it was another 4.5 miles on the road to get home.
In all, 14 mile loop almost 50/50 paved and unpaved. And this barely scratched the surface.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice pictures. I need to get over there at some point I guess!

Are you sure that large 'puddle' isn't actually a pond? :eek: