• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Case 6/30/9

Trev

I decided to try something new today, so I went up to case.

I had an excellent couple of hours up at Case. I made it to the first summit, and then tried to follow the yellow trail to the next summit. I ended up following the yellow and then down the blue trail.

I have to say I loved the far end of that blue trail. The road is just big rocks with uphills and downhills.. teckyish, at least for me in a few places. I felt it was an excellent workout and skill practice.

One thing I was very glad I was able to do a few times today was getting up some large rocks.. by large I mean mid thigh level stuff that would probably be considered steep rollers going the other way. Hard to explain, but you pop that front end up and then crank the shit out of the pedals and 'hop up'. They where just in perfect places to practice.. went very well.. pretty psyched actually -- Corny I know.. but still it was some good stuff.

I found a few of the spots that have pics from crankfire.. pure luck..

Anyhow, conditions rocked! The terrain was kick but! The hills where great going both directions...

I'll be back to case!

Left to right:

1- Kick ass looking roller that I was not about to smash my face on today
2- Summit, boring picture, proof I made it.. lol
3- Blue Trail, near above summit, near yellow trail crossover
4- God laughing at my hike a bike -- followed that yellow trail down and around..
5- I've seen pics of this before, @ crankfire, it's bigger in real life...

Trev

One thing I was very glad I was able to do a few times today was getting up some large rocks.. by large I mean mid thigh level stuff that would probably be considered steep rollers going the other way. Hard to explain, but you pop that front end up and then crank the shit out of the pedals and 'hop up'. They where just in perfect places to practice.. went very well.. pretty psyched actually -- Corny I know.. but still it was some good stuff.

It just now dawned on me that Bvilbert's avatar here on the forums is close to what I was referencing above. Though the rock would be a bit more steep... and I would not be flying forward, more of a lean to compensate for the steep rock face..... but.. you get the point I think...

:lol::lol::lol: