• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 7/4/09

Greg

Staff member
Met up with Woodcore at 7 am this morning to ride out of Stone Road. First ride on the new Remedy for me. Incredible bike. Climbs just as well as my Fuel did. I think there are a few reasons - the 19.5" frame fits me a lot better and the front end of the bike is just so stiff and stable that along with the extra inch of travel you can carry a lot more speed into just about anything. The bike really provides a lot of confidence. I think once I get everything dialed in, I'll be a lot faster on it. Never touched the small ring and rode most 2 and 3+ in the back. On the downhills, insanely fun. Just smash through anything on it.

We did all the Stone East stuff and then headed over to do the Kichen bypass. Along the way Jon discovered he lost his GPS. We decided to backtrack and do our route in reverse in an effort to find it. The Stone East trails actually ride well in reverse, but unfortunately we never found the GPS, a blue Garmin eTrex Legend. If you're riding over there, keep an eye out for it.

Great ride Jon - 8.9 miles:

http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=583

Sorry about the GPS and bent rim. Thanks for the 10 am brew! :)

MR. evil

Glad to hear the new rig rocks! The right size frame make a big dif. in climbing. My new frame is one inch bigger than my old bike and that extra room really helped on the ups.

We need some pics!

Greg

Staff member
Glad to hear the new rig rocks! The right size frame make a big dif. in climbing. My new frame is one inch bigger than my old bike and that extra room really helped on the ups.

I look at the time spent on the Fuel on a slightly too small frame as practice.. :razz:

We need some pics!

Gimme a few mins...

bvibert

Staff member
I didn't realize you had the new bike already. Glad it's working out well for you so far!

Sorry to hear about the lost GPS John...

Greg

Staff member
I didn't realize you had the new bike already. Glad it's working out well for you so far!

It arrived at 6 pm last night. Spent most of the evening setting it up:

P1000140.JPG

Trev

Ya, sorry for being a bit MIA this morning, had an unexpected visit last night..

WoodCore

Other than the lost GPS and the bent rim it was a great ride. So nice to get back out on the trails after all the rain. Although all the wood and rocks where kind of greasy the trails rode surprisingly well considering all the rain the last few weeks. We only encountered one real soft muddy spot. Anyway, great riding again with Greg and look forward to doing it again soon.

I've already order a new wheel and it should arrive around the same time the Kenda Nev I ordered last week comes in. Even though I'll be relegated to my HT for the next week when I do get the Iron Horse back on the trails I'll have a nice new rear wheel with a tire that actually has some traction. Can't wait!

I am a little bummed about losing my GPS but it was five or so years old and I had been thinking about upgrading so I guess that's going to have to happen now. Regardless, if anyone finds it and is kind enough to return to me they will be well rewarded. It's a Garmin etrex legend C and is blue in color.

Last edited: