• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tour de France

campgottagopee

Exactly. that is the contreversy. Lance is supposed to be support and he is making a run on Cantator. They have no clear leader yet. Although lance got dropped with 1.2 miles left today. Cantator is now in second lance 3rd by like 8 seconds. The team itself is split on who they want to guide.

Is 8 seconds alot in cycling???

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
The three stages that will decide the tour will be the climb to Verbier, the last TT and the Ventoux the day before Paris;

The TT will be interesting now that Lance actually looked a bit better than Contador in the TTT. Lance's form is a lot better than I thought it was, given his performance in the Giro. But then again, he does know pretty darn well by now how best to peak for the TdF.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Contador is probably stronger than Lance but not smarter. It remains to be seen if Lance can use his brain to beat AC.

Astana could probably put any one of 3 or 4 guys in yellow at the end of the tour. Lance could definitely win if the team was behind him.

I'm convinced Lance is still in the top 5 GC riders in the world. Pretty amazing for his age and situation.

I always root for the old guy. Go Lance!