• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Locked Threads (HEY FHW)

Son of Drifter

Man, You guys lock threads quicker than a virgin locks her legs up on prom night. Wish I could be skiing right now but I'm at work like a sucker. Will be skiing friday through. FHW will you be attending opening day at the Face? :angry:

P.S. I'm not angry I just like that emoticon.

Greg

Staff member
Moving to feedback...

JimG.

Staff member
Son of Drifter said:
Man, You guys lock threads quicker than a virgin locks her legs up on prom night. Wish I could be skiing right now but I'm at work like a sucker. Will be skiing friday through. FHW will you be attending opening day at the Face? :angry:

Like father like son...your Dad gets a kick out of the flame wars too. Most of them get old and lose the humor value quick though.

We would just rather see the site stay focused on skiing/hiking related stuff. Sometimes the flames scare off new people too.

Greg

Staff member
JimG. said:
Son of Drifter said:

Like father like son...your Dad gets a kick out of the flame wars too. Most of them get old and lose the humor value quick though.

We would just rather see the site stay focused on skiing/hiking related stuff. Sometimes the flames scare off new people too.
Today were the first locks in quite a while. What Jim said. Some view us as a squeaky clean forum, but I prefer to view it as our way of keeping the signal:noise ratio low. There are plenty of other forums where folks can flame away.

And don't think just cuz your dad is the mighty HighPeaksDrifter that you get a pass. ;)

Son of Drifter

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I'm a big fan of flame wars. It's probably because I'm a bit of a smart butt (again the apple doesn't fall far). If I can't get special treatment for having HPD as a father, then I really got screwed on that deal. :)

Greg

Staff member
Son of Drifter said:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I'm a big fan of flame wars. It's probably because I'm a bit of a smart butt (again the apple doesn't fall far). If I can't get special treatment for having HPD as a father, then I really got screwed on that deal. :)
Ha! It took a bit for HPD and FHW to adjust here as well, but I think they appreciate the forums now. You'll come around. ;)