• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Orion convert

Any body have the Home depot SKU #? I want to call around and try to hop on this wagon, at 34 bucks if I fail I won't feel so bad....not that I will fail.

Whoever said that buying charcol, meat, ice, and beer is a great feeling hit the nail on the head. I am always an envious when I see a guy buying any combination of the 4 because I know he is in for something good.

And thanks in advance to whoever posts the SKU#

HD
When I get home tonight I will check my box if someone hasn't given you the number already.

wa-loaf

You can see if you can make it out here. I can't ... and the box already went out with recyling.
IMG_4410.JPG

wa-loaf

Shrewsbury doesn't have them. Don't know about Marlborough, but Jeff brought mine up from CT for me.

o3jeff

Thanks. I struck out at HD in Shrewsbury, Marlborough, and Natick in the event anyone esle was getting the urge.

When you call ask if any of the other local stores have them(their computer shows the inventory of some of the closer stores.)

MR. evil

Have you tried it out yet?

Tried it out the other evening, didn't work out as well as I hoped.

I mistakenly used regular charcoal instead of the instant light stuff. I thought I was getting the instant light stuff but screwed up. So it took forever to get the wrong stuff lit anf it screwed up the cook time. I ended up using a meat thermometer to test for doneness. The ribes were at the right temp inside but still very tough. They tasted very good, and were very moist, but very tough. I am going to give it another go this weekend.

o3jeff

Tried it out the other evening, didn't work out as well as I hoped.

I mistakenly used regular charcoal instead of the instant light stuff. I thought I was getting the instant light stuff but screwed up. So it took forever to get the wrong stuff lit anf it screwed up the cook time. I ended up using a meat thermometer to test for doneness. The ribes were at the right temp inside but still very tough. They tasted very good, and were very moist, but very tough. I am going to give it another go this weekend.

I use the matchlite charcoal along with some lighter fluid to make sure they light.

Gonna try a chicken in it tomorrow or Sunday, will let you know how it comes out.

MR. evil

Going to make some ribs again tonightm have the right charcoal this time and picked up some hickory wood chips. Do I need to soak the wood chips?

MR. evil

I didn't soak them. Maybe Root will confirm if you are suppose to or not.

I just read in the instructions that they do not need to be soaked.

You making chicken tonight in the Orion?

snoseek

Oh damn! after reading more about this contraption on here and realizing how cheap it is I may have to buy one!

MR. evil

Just finished chowing down on some F'g awsome baby back ribs!

Randi has been busting my stones all week for getting the Orion. One bit of the ribs tonight and she took it all back. She said they were the best ribs she ever had. I took some pics and will post them up later. I need a nap now.