• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Orion convert

wa-loaf

Hmmm, I'll have to check the Shrewsbury HD this afternoon. Nothing about the Orion on their website.

wa-loaf

Nuthin! I had a $25 gift certificate and an Item I was returning for $30. Was looking forward to walking out with an Orion and $25 cash. :)

If anyone pics one up in CT you could probably buy them all and sell the rest to us ...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Very fond memories as a kid shopping at Spag's most every weekend. The place had everything a Home Depot and a Walmart would have, but with charm in all those connected barns.

I was sad to hear of it's demise from a cashier in Florida at 7-11 who was a former employee there.

ctenidae

The thought did cross my mind to buy all of them, but a) I was driving the small car, and 2) My wife would have beat me with an Orion.

Mildcat

I bet SPAGs would have had one!

Damn homoginization of America

Spags sucks now. I went in there a couple weeks ago and it was worse than Ocean State Garbagelot. They don't even have a tool section anymore. Ever since Building 19 bought them they've gone down hill.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Spags sucks now. I went in there a couple weeks ago and it was worse than Ocean State Garbagelot. They don't even have a tool section anymore. Ever since Building 19 bought them they've gone down hill.

I was under the impression that they were no longer.......I probably haven't been on that stretch of route 9 in a decade. Try and avoid that end of Shrewsbury if at all possible. It's been infected by Worcester :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
anyone ever throw a Pork Belly in one and attempt to make their own bacon? I'm wondering if the Orion's cooking speed would be to fast to achieve the desired smokiness.

wa-loaf

My meeting got changed to Friday. If they got them I will grab them all!

Ah, you're killing me. ;)

If you do grab an extra, I call dibs on one and would pay shipping up to NH.

Get in line buddy!

Maybe I should run to Norwalk after work. E-Bay, here I come!

You are obligated to sell them to AZers for cost + shipping/transport. If you beat Jeff to them, put me down for one.

Funny I didn't know I wanted one so bad until this thread. :lol:

I feel like Root should get a kickback from Orion for all the AZers he turned on to the fine art of smoking meat!!!!!

ctenidae

So, apparently all Home Dpots are selling off their stock at $34, because they're "slow sellers".

Not any more, I think.