• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Orion convert

Glenn

ECB Crew!!!

IMG_0518Medium.jpg

IMG_0520Medium.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Getting a feel for the Orion as I type. I did some sausage and after 20 minutes they were done and wicked smokey, in fact too smokey. I used Hickory chips. Then again I wasn't happy with my batch of sausage to begin with. I should have incorporated far more fat into the blend.

I've got a bird going now, will see how it goes.

wa-loaf

OK, so I busted mine out today. Cooked some pork ribs that I picked up at BJs. I put a basic dry rub on them last night. Didn't have any wood chips for smoking, but i did put some beer in the drip pan. They came out awesome and didn't last long. Forgot to take pictures of the process, so here's the final result:

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

OK, so I busted mine out today. Cooked some pork ribs that I picked up at BJs. I put a basic dry rub on them last night. Didn't have any wood chips for smoking, but i did put some beer in the drip pan. They came out awesome and didn't last long. Forgot to take pictures of the process, so here's the final result:

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG
Awesome. I have got to get mine put together real soon.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG
NOOOIIIIICE:beer:

I like my ribs a bit saucy, so I either throw them on the grill with some bbq sauce on or just slap some bbq sauce on and wrap in foil for 5-10 mins.

deadheadskier

Staff member
So, handles on the drip pan....who has used a set of pliers to crimp them on better? If you breath wrong the handles come unattached, which I was lucky enough to experience tonight causing three hours of nasty beer, smoke, grease slop to spill all over the spent hickory chips.

that'll get fixed

So, handles on the drip pan....who has used a set of pliers to crimp them on better? If you breath wrong the handles come unattached, which I was lucky enough to experience tonight causing three hours of nasty beer, smoke, grease slop to spill all over the spent hickory chips.

that'll get fixed
Good operational feedback. I will have to inspect mine closely for any similar problem.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com

that'll get fixed
Cross them.

9376cd11.jpg

wa-loaf

Excellent ..tomorrow when I get home from work I am putting mine together. Maybe you should start a Orion tip thread on cooking and maintenance. I think we need a subforum for BBQ and grilling topics.

Where did you get yours?