• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

To the person who hit my girlfriend and then took off on Rt 2 this morning...

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
There is some red transfer on the left rear quarterpanel right behind the wheel base. Looks like late 1990's early 2000's transfer from a smaller econo type GM vehicle. The impact zone is too low on your vehicle to be an SUV, van, or similiar type recreational vehicle. Get the cops involved. Shouldn't be too hard to track the offender down, especially if he/she is registered locally to the accident scene. Their car has damage as well with transfer from your girlfriends car as to boot.

Leaving the scene is a felony in most states. Find the guy and let him know what he could be facing. I'm sure he'd be happy to pay for damages and then some once he understands the legal ramifications of his actions.

Glad no one was injured. Good luck.

I was thinking the red paint looked like nissan red found on nissan sentras But i don't think a sentra could do that damage without being totaled. If it was a GM vehicle forget about finding them because there is probably just a scratch on the GM.
Glad no one was hurt. Go buy a chevy.

dmc

Just needed to vent man... Just needed to vent.

Can't take my frustrations out on the snow right now... so I do it on the internet instead.

-w

Y'all have a strange way of communication...

good luck...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I was thinking the red paint looked like nissan red found on nissan sentras But i don't think a sentra could do that damage without being totaled. If it was a GM vehicle forget about finding them because there is probably just a scratch on the GM.
Glad no one was hurt. Go buy a chevy.

44266966_unsuccessful_troll.jpg

Glenn

Sorry I'm late to this. Someone drove away from that? What an inconsiderate ____wad.

WJenness

Picked up my rental car last night...

Chevy Impala...

All I'll say is that I don't understand how my mother drove one for four years...

Going to call them back in a few with a "What else do you have?"

-w

WJenness

Just spoke with "Rob" down at enterprise... he's seeing if he can find me "a Jetta, or something similar."

I'd rather drive a chick car than a boat...

-w (who is, in fact, quite happy that he has a car, but felt unsafe driving a boat when I'm used to my car)

Just spoke with "Rob" down at enterprise... he's seeing if he can find me "a Jetta, or something similar."

I'd rather drive a chick car than a boat...

-w (who is, in fact, quite happy that he has a car, but felt unsafe driving a boat when I'm used to my car)

A Jetta is just as much of a chick car as an A4..:flame:The Audi A4 is the car of choice for wealthy college girls at Lehigh and Muhlenberg college..

hammer

Picked up my rental car last night...

Chevy Impala...

All I'll say is that I don't understand how my mother drove one for four years...

Going to call them back in a few with a "What else do you have?"

-w
I had one when I was on vacation in April. Good back seat space for the kids but it was a boat, and the brakes were all or nothing. Could not see how someone would intentionally buy one.

I think the G6 will work much better for you.

WJenness

I had one when I was on vacation in April. Good back seat space for the kids but it was a boat, and the brakes were all or nothing. Could not see how someone would intentionally buy one.

I think the G6 will work much better for you.

Just picked up the G6, much happier with it... and you're totally right on the brakes in the Impala... When I first stepped on them I said 'well, at least the pedal is firm' as I was flung forward... couldn't find the right mid point on them... Now I know why my mom always 'slammed' on her brakes when she had her Impala.

So far the G6 is a win... I only drove it back from Enterprise to work (about 5 mins tops), but seats are more comfortable, I don't feel like I'm driving a yacht, it doesn't feel under powered, and the leather wrapped steering wheel is much nicer than the plastic in the Impala.

Talked to the insurance adjuster today who went and looked at my car... Initial estimate is $5300, and he said it's likely to be more once they start taking it apart.

Left rear quarter panel needs to be replaced (no surprise) as does the bumper (also no surprise)... What I hadn't realized is that the trunk lid is pushed to the right and damaged the right rear QP as well, so both the trunk lid and QP need to be repaired and re-painted.

Oh, and it's going to take at least 3 weeks.

-w

It's nice you got a better rental..When I smacked my car into a tombstone a few years back, I had a Neon as my rental which made my Impreza seem like a Bimmer in comparison..