• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

To the person who hit my girlfriend and then took off on Rt 2 this morning...

WJenness

Thanks for making my day suck, and Emily's day even worse.

diagf.

Thankfully, Emily is OK, however my car needs some love...

Car is now at Dick's Auto Body in Somerville, MA...

This is just the exclamation point on a week and a half of car issues for me... sigh

3522g55.jpg

-w

hammer

I know it's obvious to say, but the important thing is that no one was hurt.

As far as the car is concerned...ouch, hope you have a low deductible...

drjeff

May the jerk who damaged the A4 get what's coming to them! Most importantly though, it was only german sheet metal and plastic that got injured in your family this AM!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Crappy man. Hope your deductible isn't too big.

If you find this guy and want us to kick his ass, don't hesistate to ask.

JerseyJoey

There is some red transfer on the left rear quarterpanel right behind the wheel base. Looks like late 1990's early 2000's transfer from a smaller econo type GM vehicle. The impact zone is too low on your vehicle to be an SUV, van, or similiar type recreational vehicle. Get the cops involved. Shouldn't be too hard to track the offender down, especially if he/she is registered locally to the accident scene. Their car has damage as well with transfer from your girlfriends car as to boot.

Leaving the scene is a felony in most states. Find the guy and let him know what he could be facing. I'm sure he'd be happy to pay for damages and then some once he understands the legal ramifications of his actions.

Glad no one was injured. Good luck.

ctenidae

I would recommend bourbon as a cure to a crappy day, but they're out.

Glad no one was hurt. Yet, anyway.

bvibert

Staff member
That's a total bummer man! I'm glad to hear that your girlfriend is ok. I take it she wasn't able to get a good description?

WJenness

There is some red transfer on the left rear quarterpanel right behind the wheel base. Looks like late 1990's early 2000's transfer from a smaller econo type GM vehicle. The impact zone is too low on your vehicle to be an SUV, van, or similiar type recreational vehicle. Get the cops involved. Shouldn't be too hard to track the offender down, especially if he/she is registered locally to the accident scene. Their car has damage as well with transfer from your girlfriends car as to boot.

Leaving the scene is a felony in most states. Find the guy and let him know what he could be facing. I'm sure he'd be happy to pay for damages and then some once he understands the legal ramifications of his actions.

Glad no one was injured. Good luck.

Cops have been involved from the get go... (and n.b. It's my car)... she was driving it because hers was in the shop getting some brake work done... and by some I mean: Front Pads & Rotors, Rear Shoes & Drums, e-Brake Cables, Wheel Cylinders, the master cylinder, and two rear struts thrown in for good measure (one had a broken coil spring)...

So yeah, not a cheap car week for us...

That's a total bummer man! I'm glad to hear that your girlfriend is ok. I take it she wasn't able to get a good description?

Not sure... I was more concerned about her than anything else... she told what she knows to the cops though...

<crosses fingers>

-w

Beetlenut

Big bummer man. Hope they find him and nail him. Bet he/she doesn't have insurance, or expired liscence, or etc... That happened to my wife, but by-standers got the dirtbag's liscence plate, and the cops were waiting for him when he got home!

WJenness

Big bummer man. Hope they find him and nail him. Bet he/she doesn't have insurance, or expired liscence, or etc... That happened to my wife, but by-standers got the dirtbag's liscence plate, and the cops were waiting for him when he got home!

Yeah... somehow, in rush hour traffic on Rt 2, not a single person stopped to be a witness or anything... makes me sick.

-w

thetrailboss

Staff member
+ 1 on the comment about the driver probably not having insurance or a license. I heard about this crap all the time when I lived down there.

bigbog

...rush hour in MA...why am I not surprised...

Yeah... somehow, in rush hour traffic on Rt 2, not a single person stopped to be a witness or anything... makes me sick.
Great to hear she's ok.... Kinda makes a reason for a cell-phone that can grab pics...or packing the cheapo digital camera on commutes...

dmc

So you think the person that hit the car reads this board?

Why would you think such a thing....?

WJenness

Great to hear she's ok.... Kinda makes a reason for a cell-phone that can grab pics...or packing the cheapo digital camera on commutes...

Yeah, that pic was taken with her cellphone (LG Shine), looks pretty good for a cell phone.

-w

WJenness

So you think the person that hit the car reads this board?

Why would you think such a thing....?

Just needed to vent man... Just needed to vent.

Can't take my frustrations out on the snow right now... so I do it on the internet instead.

-w

thetrailboss

Staff member
I am sure he doesn't think that at all. He is looking for some support from people he considers friends.

+ 1. Plus gets the word out about what happened, so an AZer can issue a citizen's arrest if the opportunity arises. :wink: