• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 11/24/2005 Thanksgiving Day Storm Discussion Thread

Treeliner

Woke up to big, fat white flakes in southern Connecticut today!

FirstSnow.jpg

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and gets some skiing in this weekend!

Here's to more of this white stuff, :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Looks about 3" in Litchfield County, CT:

first_snow.jpg

Terry

Just starting here, but they are predicting 6-10 inches. Should be good skiing this weekend!!!! Hope everyone has a good thanksgiving, and gets in some skiing also!! :beer:

Granola Dude

Website
ctcarenthusiast.6.forumer.com
Snow2.jpg
Snow1.jpg

Two pics from outside the house this morning. Got a good couple of inches here in Southwestern CT (more of west, over by the Danbury area). This season is looking good!! Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!

:beer: [/img]

edit - i realized the quality is really bad, but i wanted to make them small and low to fit them on.. :wink:

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! To borrow some words from one of my favorite Christmas songs!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Greg

Staff member
BeanoNYC said:
Which way is the storm heading?
It's basically done. There may be a few squalls that will put down a few more inches in the mountains. Should be great skiing tomorrow!

Zand

We got about 4" in Spencer, MA. The high school football game was great.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
This turned out pretty well. It never came down hard, but it's been a light snow all day and that's really added up. Here is what I wrote on the Sugarbush thread:

As of 20:00 it looks like we totaled about 12" here on the valley floor. I got in the hot tub with the kids late this afternoon and it looked like it had completely stopped, but then a few lazy flakes started falling and here I am a few hours later and I need to shovel the decks again. I'm not complaining.

Can anyone wish away this warming trend we have coming for next week? I guess I've been tricked by this January-ish weather and have to remind myself it's still November.

Zand

It's like a freakin blizzard down here. The front just came through with heavy snow and 40 MPH winds. The roads were covered in a matter of 15 minutes and it's all blowing around like crazy. It's a Thanksgiving blizzard!

bvibert

Staff member
Zand said:
It's like a freakin blizzard down here. The front just came through with heavy snow and 40 MPH winds. The roads were covered in a matter of 15 minutes and it's all blowing around like crazy. It's a Thanksgiving blizzard!

It was awfully blizzard like on my way home from the in-laws at about 8:00 last night in Torrington. :D :beer: